Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July 2017 Entry: The Bloodbath in the Moor of Ghosts

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

This looks great, I really dig the wispy figures. I'm out of my depth to add any useful critique, but it looks like you've wrangled Blender to bend to your will.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

The weeping statue is simply awesome!

Thanks Mouse and Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    I love everything about this map. The dungeon design is awesome and the illustrations are super cool. What's up with the boat though? Is that area going to be a body of water/blood?
    Thanks Anomiecoalition. The boat is because of my random generator line. Which was: "Somewhere in the Moor of Ghosts. An abandoned skiff rests upon the bank of a nearby stream."

The road there leads to the end of a pier, but I figured someone was in a rush and just pulled the boat out of the water on to the bank there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    This looks great, I really dig the wispy figures. I'm out of my depth to add any useful critique, but it looks like you've wrangled Blender to bend to your will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    The weeping statue is simply awesome!
    Thanks Meshon and Wired.

-----------------------------------------------------

I tried Mouse's suggestion with the higher contrast labels, which was working great. I experimented with keeping everything the same colour, so I changed the text labels at the same time. I didn't like the darker text labels and I tried to change the text back to a lighter colour, but unfortunately I think I overwrote the Inkscape file accidentally so everything got stuck in my experiment. Anyways the higher contrast works great for the numbers.

I worked a bit on Willie the groundskeeper, but he doesn't look much different. With the acolyte witch on the right I was trying to make her hat look like that one Merlin was rocking in Excalibur. I have no idea how to make things look like metal though. I know her arm looks wonky, couldn't get the forshortening right, well she looks wonky overall, but cest la vie. Probably not going to get much farther, so here it is:
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloodbath on the Moor3.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	98111

Oh - massive improvements

I admit (now that you've put it right) I was a bit worried about the physiology of the figures holding the banner, but they are now way better than anything I can draw

The labelling is much better than before. Overall a really great map

Thanks Mouse. They are still very... bad, but livable for my level of drawing ability. If I had rigged my 3d model with bones I would have posed it and just used that, instead I had to try posing the model using sculpting/modeling tools, and then doing a paint over, and then I kind of abandoned that and just did the paint thing. So as a result they look stiff and clunky and wonky, but they is what they is now.

-----------------------------------
    I needed to add a scale. Even if it ain't the best. It bothers me when maps don't have them. Given that it is an ortho map I set it at the same angle as the straight lines in the building (or at least I haven't moved the camera so it should be), and it is accurate throughout. I think it is accurate to the other axises as well, meaning x and z (if it is running along y), but only along those axises.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	17 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	98120

Ok last one. Just put a simple border on:
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	91 
Size:	5.42 MB 
ID:	98129
    Last edited by Falconius; 07-31-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Good call with the border - simple is good; really frames it well.

This whole thing came together great, actually. Nice work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123