Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahr-Nahl Nramaha

Map Ahr-Nahl Nramaha

Here's another one of those archeology styled map/image things.
    Started as pencil on 8.5 x 11 neenah 67lb. paper and then got some color in photoshop.
    I generally enjoy doing these. This one got a bit taxing and tedious at times though.
    It actually started life as some little thumbnail sketches for weird sculpture projects i was thinking about.
    Like, down at the bottom of the page after filling a 9x12 page with other more useful and reasonable diagrams.
    You know how it works - after you've done all the reasonable work, you sketch the totally unreasonable.

Anyways, I was trying to make a map that was more graphic, like something that might be etched on stone or some other surface that an archeologist might encounter out in a jungle or somewhere fun.
    This came out mostly like I was wanting, but is lacking the sort of info feel i got with the previous piece.

Well, anyways, hope you enjoy it.
    color piece and then pencil sketch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ahr-Nahl Nramaha by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	860.3 KB 
ID:	97437....................>Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ahr-Nahl Nramaha sketch by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	614.0 KB 
ID:	103125
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-07-2018 at 09:35 PM.

as always, I love it!

Fascinating

It does look a lot like a relief in the thumbnail. I think it would be great carved into one of those huge stone lintels above a heavy double oak doorway into a subterranean temple of some kind - maybe the entrance to the portal that takes you to the world you have created

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I really love the drawing, even if it is a little hard to understand the cartographic information.

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    as always, I love it!
    Thans Robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Fascinating

It does look a lot like a relief in the thumbnail. I think it would be great carved into one of those huge stone lintels above a heavy double oak doorway into a subterranean temple of some kind - maybe the entrance to the portal that takes you to the world you have created
    Thank you Mouse
    Hehe, yes, that sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    I really love the drawing, even if it is a little hard to understand the cartographic information.
    Thanks Sap
    It is a bit less mappy than it was originally intended.
    Sometimes they just get away from you and change into something somewhat different.

I like your recent journeys into archaeological mapping a lot John! Really cool work. Especially love the Nkhezh "bug butt" I somewhat agree with Sapiento, the difference between the "proper map" and the "object(s)" is a bit harder to grasp than on your Tualth Baerged map. Anyways, i'd love to see more of these types of maps if you should find the time.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

What can i say more. You know i love your maps. This is no an expection. Great work !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

As for the previous "archeology" thing of yours, it's top notch. It really has something of Howard/lovecraftian in it. I can easily picture a statue of Tsathoggua somewhere .

As Sapiento said, it's a bit hard to understand the cartography part but, given the general non-euclidian feel of the map, that's pretty consistent. Only a mad man would understand the map to these unspeakable places and the whole piece is gorgeous. Bonus points for the tentacle feel

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I don't really understand what I'm looking at other than that it's beuatiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast