Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atlas of Thersis

Map Atlas of Thersis

Hello there... I finished my geographical general world map and so I also tried to give a more interesting presentation by creating a sort of Thersis Atlas mockup ....
    Here I imagined a possible early 1900 Atlas of the fictional world Thersis beeing used for an exploration plan of the Aztlan Lands... I tried to give a modern but also a vintage feel , not sure if I made it.
    I was kind of inspired by a recent movie I saw about exploration in the early 1900.
    The Thersis map represented is an updated and upgraded physical map version of the Map I have been working on so far for the world of Thersis wich is an alternative Earthlike planet with some similarity to the Earth landmasses and environments, I will upload a new cleaner version of the whole map when I get some more time.
    Original Wip thread
    The World of Thersis is slightly larger than the Earth and has slightly different mass but similar gravity, it has two moons and features a more recent Ice age.

High res Deviant Art Page

Softwares Used:

Fractal Terrain
    Wilbur
    Gprojector
    worldmachine
    and lot of Photoshop

For easier Reading I have added the provided book foldable copy of the map .

Uploading an High res version ...

For a "Clearer" map of the world instead here is the clean one.

Clean Version HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thersis Atlas.jpg 
Views:	2448 
Size:	5.37 MB 
ID:	97975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thersis Map Ripped Very Small.jpg 
Views:	3417 
Size:	6.94 MB 
ID:	98084  
    Last edited by ChickPea; 09-17-2018 at 07:19 PM.

That is super cool. Like the realistic style. Background is convincing. Only thing that made me thing the background could be something else than real life was the pen which gave it away for me.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Highest marks. That may be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. It literally feels so real that I want to pick it up and page through it to see what other cool things are in there.

Rated and repped!

Wow, I can't not rep you for this stunning atlas.
    The way you blended your map into an atlas is amazing!
    Your map was already beautiful but now, it's the kind of book I'd like to have on my shelves

Great map and some awesome presentation, it really sells it!

Awww Thank you very much for the comments! ...

This is wonderfully awesome, Naima! I just love this map, it has so much in it (shape lands, details, colors, composition, sea topo...).
    And since you're asking... but please, this is just beyond nitpicking : we can slightly guess the adding of the map on the book background, the borders of the map being still a bit different of the paper of the book. Maybe a light fading?
    Anyway, this is gorgeous and inspiring!

Holy cow!

Wow, Naima

Thankyou guys ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is wonderfully awesome, Naima! I just love this map, it has so much in it (shape lands, details, colors, composition, sea topo...).
    And since you're asking... but please, this is just beyond nitpicking : we can slightly guess the adding of the map on the book background, the borders of the map being still a bit different of the paper of the book. Maybe a light fading?
    Anyway, this is gorgeous and inspiring!
    Not sure what you mean by borders of the map , you refer to the checkered border?
    On the other hand I wanted to try to make the pages of the book a little different , I remember when I was little to have checked some old books in my Grandpa home , old books that I liked like "readers digest" or "atlases" and since I was always picking them up and opening in the same page those were used ,the book tended to be more loose and consumed, sometimes some pages could be a little detached and ofsetted from the central binding and the pages themselves have a slightly hard paper look... probably not a book from the 900 may be more from the 50s but still something old to me ^^. So I added some different dirt and spots on the pages.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very, very, very impressive!
    First of all, the map is beautiful (with a real research work for geographical coherence) and then the staging is quite splendid: very realistic ... As Diamond says: we really want to turn the pages and discover other worlds!
    Really excellent! Congratulations!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast