Thread: July / Aug '17 Lite Challenge: For' Dhibarth and the Pool of Life

Post July / Aug '17 Lite Challenge: For' Dhibarth and the Pool of Life

I didn't post a WIP of this as I wasn't sure I would get it finished in time for the challenge but here is my entry. This is the first city map I have done where I laid out all the walls, streets/roads and buildings myself rather than use something from a random generator. Hopefully the final piece gives the desired impression of flat roofed houses jammed closely together along the small city streets.

### Latest WIP ###

finished.png

For' Dhibarth serves as a major travelling junction in the desert as well as having off plane transportation to further make the city a bustling hive of merchants, scholars and tourists. Few of the visitors to the city's cramped and winding streets ever find out about the secret hidden at the heart of the city. Behind the walls of the closely guarded inner citadel is the mysterious Pool of Life.
    Last edited by QED42; 08-09-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This is a nicely drawn city. Well done

Thanks! I think it came out fairly well but I considering trying a different style for me next city map.

Nice entry QED42, Thanks for joining the Challenge!

Great start. Good luck!

Thanks for all the kind words!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

This looks like a nice map, I think you did it well.
    One thing I would be interested to know more about would be things like inner-city districts, whether one area is poor, the other high class, things like that.

Clearly this city was one that was planned (given the gridded streets) as opposed to being added onto haphazardly as the city grew bigger. I would be interested to know about the history of this place and the regional climate and the local geography around For' Dhibarth.