Hello, Cartographers!

The summer vacation is over, it's time to replace my sun glasses with a pen and parchment

I have read those themes for this extra long challenge and there is a bunch of great ideas on this list, but there is one combination I just must try out (although I'm not sure if I'll manage to finish it):

1. An Invitation to Remember
2. Gothic Horror
3. A Garden

Let me explain:

The city of Madrid is well known for its beautiful parks and attractive architecture. A less known fact about Madrid is that it is a home of the very dramatic statue of the Fallen Angel by Ricardo Bellver (inspired by John Milton's "Paradise Lost") located in the park of El Retiro. I aim to design An Invitation to Remember to a Gothic Horror party in Parque del Buen Retiro, and to include a map of Madrid (or a portion of it) as a reference for all guests who wish to come to the opening of the exposition dedicated to El Angel Caido.

Here is what I have so far:

### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	El Angel Caido de Madrid 01.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	99484

I started this piece on a rather large canvas (9921x6142 pixels/ 84x52 cm), using my old trusty Photoshop CS3 and a brand new Wacom Cintiq 13HD (and I'm eager to take it to a test ride ).