Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Quest for the Zjed'Uhn Diamond

This all looks good ... except for the parchment.

Turning the parchment an angle was an improvement, but your fill pattern doesn't turn with it, leaving the folds in the paper looking mighty strange, strange enough in my opinion to make the whole thing look a bit cockeyed and silly, which shouldn't happen to a map of this quality. I would suggest that you do one of these:

1) Use a different fill without a fold.

2) Instead of a filled shape, use a symbol of a piece of parchment with folds and turn it.

3) Make a modified copy of the PNG that you used for the fill and turn the PNG to match the angle of the parchment atop the map. (I'm assuming that your PNG has the folds upon it graphically rather than being a poorly-made fill that doesn't tile properly.)

All of these suggestions assume that CC3+ can't turn the fill itself. However, I don't know whether CC3+ can turn fills. If it can, that's the easiest solution of all, the one that we always use with FM8.

Nix für Ungut!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

No, the fill is not a seamless texture. Was never meant to be seamless - having been made as a background piece for a full size GIMP map in the first place

It is, however, large enough, even at half the original size, to fill the entire polygon on the map in one piece without pixelating, which is what I attempted to describe above... or maybe that was a description I gave over at Profantasy Forum?

Storm - if you decide to go ahead and still use the parchment, please use the 4000 x 2500 version I sent to you - the landscape piece, and set the fill scale to either x=4000, y=2500, or if that is simply too large, x=2000, y=1250. Either way, it needs to be large enough for the parchment to fill the polygon on your map all in one piece, since those lines are not folds

If you decide to use something else instead please do. I won't be offended. I was merely offering a possible solution
    Last edited by Mouse; 10-28-2017 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Atrocious punctuation!

Oh, crimeny! I didn't catch the fact that the fill didn't turn with the new angle! I did manage to remove the 'folds', and unfortunately my week just went crazy busy and this is the last update I will be able to do before the challenge ends. So everything else is going to have to be lesson learned and will be implemented into the next map. Because this map, for good or for ill, is complete.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quest for the Zjed'Uhn Diamond15.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	100620
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

It looks better than the one before it.

Good luck, Storm

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    this map, for good or for ill, is complete.
    Yes, it's done, and with the last fix, I would say it's done well. Next project: Onward and upward!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

thanks guys
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Nice work ladiestorm!

Nicely done!
    Hinterland Mapview