Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raoul Village

Thank you, Francesca

A nice simple map. I'm with Arsheesh on the road and river though, especially the river looks a little unfinished to me. But as usual I like your color palette, and the 3D trees look fantastic. Well done all in all.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you, Kelleri

I am intending to sort out the blurred things, and I may do a bit more work to it, then upload the new version alongside the old one in the first comment, but first I have to race against time to try and finish what I can of my Challenge entry

Lovely little map. The buildings and trees look fantastic. Have to agree with the others that the river, especially, clashes with the rest of the map, as all the others elements are so sharp and clear. My only other thought is that the background looks a little unadorned. Now perhaps plain and simple is what you want (which is fair enough!) but I can't help but feel a few lightly coloured grungy patches here and there would break up the flat parchment. But each to their own. I like a mess!

I do like that curling parchment!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank you Chickpea. A bit of grunge could work pretty well if I can find the right texture for the job, and I'm definitely going to do something about the river and the road (which is too dark now I come to look at it again).

Tomorrow is the first chance I will have to take a look at it - after the Challenge has closed for voting

You could try out that brush system in Krita, and just paint some splotches here and there, and see how you go? I sometimes paint on really low opacity, maybe 5 - 10%, with a grunge brush and build up some texture & colour that way.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the final, final version!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

You've just given me an idea, since this is a purely CC3 map right now. I rather like the idea of keeping it as a CC3 map, since I haven't done a pure CC3 map in quite a while, but I don't see why I can't make up a set of grunge symbols in Krita for use in CC3

Thanks ChickPea!

This is a pretty map Mouse, I just hope there aren't any nasty piggies waiting to blow the three wolves' houses down!

Oh you noticed my little joke!

Thanks Straf

After all your lovely comments I've done a second version of this map.

Here it is again with sharper roads and river, and a grunge layer on the parchment.

This is still a CC3 map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raoul Village 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	100742

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast