Thread: WIP of a town map for an adventure.

Wip WIP of a town map for an adventure.

Hi Folks,

I posted on the CG G+ page a very rough sketch of a town I'm using in a scenario I'm writing. Here is a copy:

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_Photo.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	100165

There are numerous errors with the map but is mainly just a concept sketch at the moment. I drew it during downtime during our regular gaming session on Saturday night.

Once I start work on it in PS I'll post updates here. No idea of whether or not the publisher will accept my adventure (they're asking for something around 40 pages long, yikes!) let alone my maps for it but...nothing ventured nothing gained.

Cheers,
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

One map for the 40 pages or, a map per page? Or how did they ask you tackle it?

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hi XCali,

I should combine the two posts! I'd forgotten I had already started this one! They are the same map.

The adventure text, including statistic blocks for enemies in the various encounters and notable non-player characters is to be 40 pages, illustrations, such as maps, are separate. This map, or rather the digitised one, is the primary setting. I have a thought that the towns economy is based on mining and some bad stuff is happening due to some corrupting force that has influenced the Lord's son and his followers. Something like that anyhow.

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Hi XCali,

I should combine the two posts! I'd forgotten I had already started this one! They are the same map.

The adventure text, including statistic blocks for enemies in the various encounters and notable non-player characters is to be 40 pages, illustrations, such as maps, are separate. This map, or rather the digitised one, is the primary setting. I have a thought that the towns economy is based on mining and some bad stuff is happening due to some corrupting force that has influenced the Lord's son and his followers. Something like that anyhow.
    Okay, it definitely sounds like a good adventure hook. Do the Lord's son and his followers sneak out every now and then? It might be a good idea to make it possible to follow them stealthily or something.
    Anyway. It sounds like a fun challenge.

My web novels
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Do the Lord's son and his followers sneak out every now and then? It might be a good idea to make it possible to follow them stealthily or something.
    Something like that. Villagers/Visitors that cross the path of the young Lord end up in the Dungeons and from there are most likely taken for sacrifice to dark powers. The Player Characters need to work out what's going on and stop it without running foul of the Lord, who is more or less a good man but loves his son deeply and won't hear any bad words spoken about him and the Lord's son. Ideally, they (the PC's) need to resolve the situation and possibly redeem the son somehow. The module will mainly focus on investigation and social skill use (it will be written for Mythras/Runequest 6 by The Design Mechanism.

Finished Maps

Something like that. Villagers/Visitors that cross the path of the young Lord end up in the Dungeons and from there are most likely taken for sacrifice to dark powers. The Player Characters need to work out what's going on and stop it without running foul of the Lord, who is more or less a good man but loves his son deeply and won't hear any bad words spoken about him and the Lord's son. Ideally, they (the PC's) need to resolve the situation and possibly redeem the son somehow. The module will mainly focus on investigation and social skill use (it will be written for Mythras/Runequest 6 by The Design Mechanism.
    Wow, looks like things are quite stacked against the PC's. But, I'm struggling to see how diplomacy with the son(who is clearly doing crazy stuff by the sounds of it.) will make him see the error of his ways?
    (Well, it certainly is a headscratcher. And a good one.)

My web novels
    ~ Psalm 19

Indeed the PC's will need to be very careful. One possible solution might be to attempt to destroy the source of the corruption and see what happens. Or they could have a confrontation with the lordling at said source and destroy both, returning to herald the young lord a hero at best, victim at worst, to his father and swearing the villagers to secrecy...that's been done before.

Finished Maps

Indeed the PC's will need to be very careful. One possible solution might be to attempt to destroy the source of the corruption and see what happens. Or they could have a confrontation with the lordling at said source and destroy both, returning to herald the young lord a hero at best, victim at worst, to his father and swearing the villagers to secrecy...that's been done before.
    That leaves quite a few avenues open. I like it.

My web novels
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    That leaves quite a few avenues open. I like it.
    Glad you approve of the plot, such as it is Hopefully it works out OK.

Finished Maps