Thread: Lands of Mordhau - WIP

Map Lands of Mordhau - WIP

Hi all,

An example of a Map for planed Mordhau mode - Endless War (Faction Wars) - WIP.
    Consists of alpha mode local maps.

This is my first attempt in cartography.
    Constructive criticism, advises would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LandsOfMordhau10.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	100806

Lands of Mordhau - WIP

Your mountains are fantastic. They work beautifully with the parchment texture and subtle colouring. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the trees. They're quite pixellated and I feel they don't fit the tone of the rest of the elements on the map. The colour is very dominant compared to everything else.

If you fancied having another go at the trees, Neyjour posted some nice ones a while back. They're PNGs but you could make a brush out of them. Have a look in this thread.

One final point... you have a river that seems to split in a couple of places. I'm not sure if you're going to colour between the splits and make them lakes? Rivers wouldn't generally split in that manner.

You're off to a very nice start here, and with a little work, this could be a fantastic map.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Your mountains are fantastic. They work beautifully with the parchment texture and subtle colouring. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the trees. They're quite pixellated and I feel they don't fit the tone of the rest of the elements on the map. The colour is very dominant compared to everything else.

If you fancied having another go at the trees, Neyjour posted some nice ones a while back. They're PNGs but you could make a brush out of them. Have a look in this thread.

One final point... you have a river that seems to split in a couple of places. I'm not sure if you're going to colour between the splits and make them lakes? Rivers wouldn't generally split in that manner.

You're off to a very nice start here, and with a little work, this could be a fantastic map.
    Agree on the trees, probably I have to try to draw it by myself,
    or use it from the link you have provided.
    And have to think about the rivers as well.

Thank you ChickPea for your comment, and the link.
    Last edited by Ceremonsen; 11-05-2017 at 07:29 PM.

I agree with ChickPea both about your mountains and the trees. The color gradiant for the see is also very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I agree with ChickPea both about your mountains and the trees. The color gradiant for the see is also very nice.
    Thank you Ilanthar. Definitely, I'll try to rework those parts at later time, because I'm a bit busy with another stuff right now.