Hey Folks!

After finishing my map of the Republic of Renaliac (to be found here) I go ahead and plan on mapping its capital: Renaliac itself, mother of cities, queen of faith, wealth, wisdom and art. More than a million people living there, Renaliac is one of Nerrac's (my fantasy world) most important metropolis.

This work may take a long while because of two reasons. A) The city is quite huge and thus is the map of it. B) I have plenty things to do. So I assume this work to take about...2 years?

This said let's start!

Sketching and Planning

First of I made a layout for the environment of Renaliac. It's situated at the river Natozan on a hill at its northern bank. After gaining a clear vision of the surroundings I thought about the historical growth of the city over the roundabout 3600 years of its existence. I made a gif-data to illustrate my thoughts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basiskarte Renaliac - Stadtentwicklung.gif 
Views:	360 
Size:	6.47 MB 
ID:	101431

The next step will be to decide where is what in that city. I will make use of these steps of development and lay down basic areas for things like commerce, religion, big places, important buildings and stuff.

The style of the map will be something very similar to this city. Maybe a change in some colors and hopefully less try and error.

I work with Gimp and plan to finally print the map. Maybe at A0.

Ideas, Questions, Criticism are always welcome.

Eld