Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nov/Dec '17 Lite Challenge: Vincius Family Dyson Tree Farm

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

Thanks Mouse! I knew I needed to work on the landing branches but bird's feet? That is now something I can't unsee so I am changing that now hahaha.

My current to-do:
    Finish cross-section experiments - I should have realized how I wanted to do it earlier
    Finish insets
    Add more farm info and details

Play with VUE Pioneer

@Bogie
    Maybe its not picking up because the thread was started by the temp account I made?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    For some reason your WIP tag isn't picking up your map in the Thumbnail Gallery. It looks like you have done it correctly. I will try a few tricks to see if I can get it to work.@ Redrobes, I can't get the WIP tag to work, any ideas?
    Yeah I said at the top that there might be a problem here. I think it knows that Southern Crane Two is the thread starter and needs wip tags on that users post. Maybe now and again SC can log in as SC TWO and post the image and the latest wip tag on it. Or just edit the first post with the latest wip image and put a wip tag on it and I think that would do the same effect. The wip scraper is ignoring images from other users in this SC.

Some minor updates and tweaks while I toy with sketching the cross section.

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyson-Tree-Farm-v4 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	101697

Nice work, the multiple roots gets rid of the bird feet.

So I've been playing around with the cross section of one asteroid and I am not entirely sure how I want to finish that section up. I was doing some hand drawn like a map I enjoyed making two years but I am not sure this style quite fits with the retro-futuristic theme I am going for. I might just end up scrapping the cross section if I can't get it to fit in how I want.

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyson-Tree-Farm-v4.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	101963

I think the cross section is a good idea, but I might try to make it fit more with the rest by sticking to the same rock colour and texture, and making the hollow bits by shading those parts to look like rounded pits in the asteroid. Its a lot of work, because then the natural progression is to carry on working in the 3D theme - side view. Not easy, and I can understand it if you decide not to do it.

At the very least the colour of the existing section needs to be similar to the rest of the asteroid. The whiteness and the lack of colour similarity is what is making it look a bit odd right now.

I'm searching for an image in my mind right now to try and illustrate what I mean. Perhaps imagine cutting an apple in half with a nice sharp knife. If you look closely the skin is a different colour, but it does actually blend just a little with the colour of the apple in a narrow band just beneath the surface. The really important part of that image is that all the interior is actually the one same pale yellowish green colour. The cavities in the core only look darker than the rest of it because of the shadow in the holes - the holes you must cut in your section of the asteroid for the rooms...

I'm very much hoping that is helpful, and I haven't just confused you and put you off trying

Thanks Mouse!

This is my latest update and possibly close to final depending on how hooked I get into the Guildworld land and reviving my GuildCity plot (which is connected to my ideas for Guildworld land).

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyson-Tree-Farm-v4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	101998
    Last edited by ChickPea; 09-17-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Its looking really great

Getting rid of that whiteness really worked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12