Thread: Advice me

Default Advice me

Hello i´m new in the Guild of Cartographics
    i´m a fantasyroleplayer since 1985 - i´m from berlin and i´m here, to learn more about different ways of mapping.
    at the moment I i try to get into relief mapping (@this moment i have no idea how this works) i like good floormaps a lot, they are often the basic of the game and responsible for a lot of atmosphere in the game. i tried to work with different software (if u have any advise let me know) usually i work with Corel Draw/Photopaint. I have a very
    old version of CC3 (couldn´t get really into this programm) my favortit maps at the moment coming from pathfinder rise of the runelords (like Sandpoint)
    i like the artwork of robert lazaretti, 99Lives Design and Jason Engle and try to figure out how they create the maps.

Advice me, ask me, tell me about good tutorials
    and thnx for welcome me in your Guild
    Last edited by Chronist; 12-10-2017 at 11:24 AM.

I've never heard of these guys before, or don't remember seeing their maps.

You are talking about relief mapping, that is adding 3d effect like this? : https://shintaro-iguchi.com/2016/01/01/relief-mapping/
    Most of the works I've found related to these artists don't seem to have that kind of effect.

Thnx for sending me the Link, don´t know if it is the same technique i really need.
    What i´m looking for in the first way u can see in this link: http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/map_im...ndpoint_sq.jpg
    Look at the coast lines, the rocks and the water - it looks like a 3D effect - its maybe not relief you know what i mean? but i like the "comic style" a lot.