Thread: Thumbnail scaper issues

Default Thumbnail scaper issues

Does anyone have any idea why or how the thumbnail scraper decides what image to pick for finished maps?
    When i view my own maps in the thumbnail section by letter J, it has several showing the wrong image.
    I just tried to correct this on one of them a little earlier and it didn't change anything.

Is it using the first image posted? Can't be the last image...
    Just trying to fix this so the correct image shows.
    Thanks

Probably a question for Redrobes. I assumed it used the first image, but I'm not certain.

Which images are showing incorrectly?
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I guess it does look like it was the first image it was using.
    So I changed a number of ones for different threads.
    Now I'm just waiting to see if the scraper is gonna update or not.
    I did the changes over 30 minutes ago, so not sure how long I'll have to wait to see if it worked.

It was times where I had posted a sketch before the final image.

Yeah, I see what you mean. With Ahr-Nahl Nramaha, for example, I'm seeing the sketch rather than the coloured version, though I guess your recent edit swapped them over?

Possibly the update script runs once an hour, like some of the other scripts, though your browser will likely have cached the old image. I'd give it another half hour, then try in a different browser and see if anything's changed. If not, Redrobes is yer man!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean. With Ahr-Nahl Nramaha, for example, I'm seeing the sketch rather than the coloured version, though I guess your recent edit swapped them over?

Possibly the update script runs once an hour, like some of the other scripts, though your browser will likely have cached the old image. I'd give it another half hour, then try in a different browser and see if anything's changed. If not, Redrobes is yer man!
    Interesting... you have to be logged in to view the finished maps thumbnails area
    I used IE, which i never use, and which i hadn't opened in probably a year or more.
    Obviously not logged in either.
    And no, it hasn't updated. Maybe it does once a week or some crazy time frame.

Only the last images from the last post with latest wip will appear in the thumbnail. I noticed that with my kingdom in the clouds map. It showed a flag instead on the map and the actual preview for the finished map is also showing the last of 5 images. It would make more sense to show the first image instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Only the last images from the last post with latest wip will appear in the thumbnail. I noticed that with my kingdom in the clouds map. It showed a flag instead on the map and the actual preview for the finished map is also showing the last of 5 images. It would make more sense to show the first image instead.
    I'm seeing the 2nd image of 5.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartographers_Guild_-_Finished_Maps_Thumbnails_-_A_-_2017-12-14_18.04.50.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	102238
    I felt like i had some inconsistencies at some points.
    It didn't seem like it was always the 1st image.
    But I can't recall them now.

Oh my bad. You are right, it's not the last one.