Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: January 2018 Challenge: Anaethir

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Looks fantastic!

Only typo I can spot is, you've not capitalised the "t" in "The Scar".

Ilanthar - this is absolutely amazing. I really appreciate you sharing each step in your process. There is so much fun and creativity in this map. There is too much to see!!! The Swamps! The Mushroom City! The Old Man in the Mountain! The Gadlaug Mtns! I love the way they look. The subtle differences in your forests......just wow overall! It's beautiful, and I feel so inspired.

I do have a question....why is the word Azellia crossed out?

Now, someone come read me the book that goes along with this.
    Last edited by whisper_my_name; 01-24-2018 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo

I think I figured out why Azellia is crossed out....it looks like he was slain! Am I right??

Thanks, guys.

@Greg : that was kinda intentional, to put the accent on Scar. I did the same with the the Gap and the Pit.
    @Whisper_my_name : as Canarica or Old Salora, Azellia is crossed out to mean that it is ruins. And I imagine Azellia as the rests of an ancient city with a colossus, now burried in the desert.

This is amazing!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks a lot, ChickPea .

I found a little hour to add some little boats & beasts in the seas.
    ### Winner ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anaethir2.jpeg 
Views:	875 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	103829

For those who wonders... I imagine the city-states of Centipedia as the remnant of an old empire, very "italian city-states" after a somewhat fantasy roman empire if you'd like.
    The waste of Azellak is the result of a powerful curse that destroyed an old civilization, eons ago.
    The Turquoise Baronies are a mix of Nordic cultures.
    The League of Kelemgar is more celtic and much more in contact with old wild lands inhabited by ancient races and fair folk.
    The Cities of Kanemoon are more technically advanced and the vanguard against western menaces like Snakemen (who are held responsible for the Silt Sea).
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-20-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Changed tag for thumbnail scraper

Blog Entries

I just might vote for you

looks GREAT
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

This is just so beautiful, Ilanthar that if it doesn't at least become a joint winner I shall be very surprised

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

This is one of my favorite maps and favorite thread. Following the progress has been very fun indeed.

Ilanthar, I have to ask is the center crest of Kelemgar inspired by Watford FC crest? The yellow and black with a red symbol in front makes me think of Watford every time I see it.

By Johnvanvliet
    I just might vote for you
    looks GREAT
    Thanks a lot, John !

By Mouse
    This is just so beautiful, Ilanthar that if it doesn't at least become a joint winner I shall be very surprised
    I would love to see joint winners ! And thanks, ofc.

By Southern Crane
    This is one of my favorite maps and favorite thread. Following the progress has been very fun indeed.
    Ilanthar, I have to ask is the center crest of Kelemgar inspired by Watford FC crest? The yellow and black with a red symbol in front makes me think of Watford every time I see it.
    Thanks a lot, SC . I also enjoyed this challenge a lot. I don't know what WatfordFC is (city?), so no.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast