Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlas Awards - 2018 Edition

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Atlas Awards - 2018 Edition

Hey all, just a notice that this year's Atlas Awards will be launching soon. We have streamlined and revamped things, and nominations will open this coming Saturday. Watch this forum for more info.
    Last edited by Diamond; 01-09-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Okay, fellow Guildies, nominations are open for this year's Atlas Awards. There are eight different categories, and here are some rules about how to nominate:

1. Each Guild member may nominate ONE map in each category. You may nominate the SAME map in more than one category if it is appropriate. For example, a map of the solar system could be nominated for both Best Overall Map AND Best Space, SciFi, and Modern Map.

2. You may only nominate someone else's map, NOT your own.

3. Read through the previous nominations in each category before posting your own. No duplicate nominations will be considered, and will be deleted. However, as in the previous example, if you feel a map that's already nominated in one category could be nominated for another as well, and it hasn't been already, feel free.

4. Please confine ALL discussion of the Atlas Awards, nominations, and peripheral conversation to THIS thread. Any post that does not contain a nomination in the nomination threads will be deleted. This is to make it easier for the CLs to collate all the nominations when it's time to vote.

5. The nominations period will run from now until Saturday, March 3rd, 2018.

6. Nominations MUST be of maps posted to the FINISHED MAPS forum between January 1 2017 and December 31 2017.
    To see a comprehensive thumbnail listing of all eligible maps, go here:

VIEW ALL MAPS HERE

NOTE: In some cases, another image was posted in the thread after the initial map, and only the last image shows up in the thumbnail scraper. If you see a random GIF image or the like instead of a map, click the title of the map under the image, and it will take you to the thread where the actual map is.

7. When nominating a map, be sure to list both the name of the map and the creator. VERY IMPORTANT.

8. The winner of each voting category will receive a special Atlas Awards badge, displayed proudly beneath their avatar.
    Last edited by Diamond; 01-13-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Mouse, sorry, I deleted your post. You didn't give me enough time to finish posting everything!

The answer to your questions is above. (#6)
    Last edited by Diamond; 01-13-2018 at 04:02 PM.

LOL!!

I thought I was finally going bananas!

Thank you for all your work in preparing these awards - you and all your unseen helpers behind the scenes

Wow, thanks for putting this up Diamond.
    That thumbnail is going to save a lot of time compared to opening all the thread individually to check the maps.

I just found some cool maps I hadn't seen before on there. Excellent.

Edit - Sapiento - Good god man, 36 in Finished maps
    I am slipping. I don't have anywhere near that.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-13-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Hi D
    First, thanks for setting this up. Second, there's a problem with the image appearing for some of my maps. Is there a way to fix it ? I spotted the trouble with Trevisto and my Middling Realms maps.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Hi D
    First, thanks for setting this up. Second, there's a problem with the image appearing for some of my maps. Is there a way to fix it ? I spotted the trouble with Trevisto and my Middling Realms maps.
    It has to do with the image number - when you post an image it gets assigned a number.
    The lowest numbered image is the one that is being seen by the thumbnail scraper, it seems.
    Oddly enough, that image for the Middling is the lower number.
    Did you upload new versions of the images after posting that closeup that image [that shows for the Middling thread]?

Edit - in post 10, if you delete the crest and key box, then upload the images again, so they get assigned a new number.

Excited to see this kicking off again! I had already decided on two nominations a while back, but I need to go research for the others.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Rep cap reached for the day and I'm just at letter D and I already have 6 in the "To rep later" column

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast