Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Atlas Awards - 2018 Edition

Plenty of time to nominate. The threads are open until early March.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I'm extremely flattered to have had so many nominations. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I picked one, you pick the other.
    I had something different in mind.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey guys, just a reminder, keep in mind the category you're nominating a map for. A city map probably isn't a good pick for the Structure, Dungeon, and Gaming Map category, for example. It would probably be best placed in the City, Town, or Village Map category.

Finally finished my nominations and it was tough. It's so difficult when you're down to two choices in a category, and you can barely pick between them!

Hey guys, just bumping this thread to remind everyone that there's less than two weeks before the nomination threads get locked, so if you haven't nominated yet, get on it! You can see all the eligible maps in this thread (warning, very image heavy!)

As per Diamond's initial comments, the nomination period will close on Sat 5th March, and voting will start soon after.

Hey guys, nominations actually end Saturday 3rd March; sorry for the confusion. That's this Saturday, likely around 8 or 9 PM. So if you have any last-minute candidates you've been waffling on, now's the time.

Voting will work differently (and hopefully much easier and cleaner) than last year, so stay tuned for a Voting Thread to appear in this forum Saturday night.

I have closed nominations a few hours early. This is to allow the CLs to add the last-minute entries from yesterday into the polls, and get everything set up so voting can begin tonight.

Sorry for any confusion with my date mix-up a couple of posts up. I shouldn't type things in a hurry!

I'm looking forward to the voting.

Good job guys.

I'm old and easily distracted, so I'm going to write this now since I definitely wont remember by the time this rolls around next year, so this is not a gripe or complaint, just a minor critique of the processes. I did find some oddities in the categorization and peoples nominations, as Diamond mentioned here earlier. For instance the space category was nebulous enough to included one of Daniel's ship floor plans with a bunch of smaller scale stuff. Which I thought was incongruous, like voting on what the best apple is and having an orange mixed in. Perhaps scale should be a consideration in next years competition, so we don't end up with such mismatches. The second problem was very undefined categories like Most Creative, it leaves very little guidance about what one is voting on.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast