Thread: The Elven Citadel

Map The Elven Citadel

Hi!

This maps an old one I did some 3/4 years ago. I did it while reading a tutorial I believe I found on twitter, but I have a suspicion the author was a regular here. Since the map I did bears great resemblance with the one in the tutorial (cascade, cliff, forests...), I'm sure someone will now which tutorial I'm talking about.

About the history of the map, I created it for an rpg campaign, where elves are few in numbers, and there's no "elven kingdom", but instead there are pockets of elven land, o diaspora inside human cities/towns. This city is the biggest elven settlement in the Empire of Damugo, and I attach a part of the world map, so you can see where it is.

The map itself was made entirely in PS CS6 using a Wacom Bamboo, in a relatively short time... About 4 hours. I have sketch and WiP shots, in case anyone wants to see them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09-detail-damugo.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	744.3 KB 
ID:	103846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04-Citadel_WiP_4.png 
Views:	284 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	103847  

Nice map! The tutorials by torstan/Jonathan Roberts, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Nice map! The tutorials by torstan/Jonathan Roberts, right?
    Yeeeeesss; that's the one. The more I look at it, the more I get a sense of embarrasment at how similar mine ended up....

Aw, don't worry about; the only way to learn is to first shamelessly copy others That's what the tutorials are there for.

And these are nice maps. The colors work well, and they are easy enough to read. The road names on the Citadel map are less so, however. Might want to go with more subtle curves next time, perhaps?

But as I said, nice maps. Have some rep!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Nice map, indeed !