Thread: Tudor Style Theatre made in Perspectives 3

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Default Tudor Style Theatre made in Perspectives 3

Hello everyone,

I've been working in Perspectives 3 for Campaign Cartographer 3+ because I wanted to see if I could make a Tudor style Theatre. It isn't perfect but I think it's at my limit of mathematical capability to pull more out of the program. So, with as far as my meagre math skills allowed me to go, this is my try at a Tudor Style Theatre.

(Note that this is not a map, but an icon to be used in making maps. I did not put any shadows or anything on it. Just tried to do the shape)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tudor Theatre.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	7.69 MB 
ID:	103559  

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very interesting use of the software !
    I bet you spent hours on this one !
    Congratulations !

Thanks Jo, I spent almost a week on it. It is very difficult to get Perspectives to do anything with round shapes. It seems to just want to do squares and rectangles. But after fiddling with it for a long while I got it to this point. I'm glad it's over!

I had no idea that there were buildings above the main arena!

Nice work, Tony

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Thanks Jo, I spent almost a week on it. It is very difficult to get Perspectives to do anything with round shapes. It seems to just want to do squares and rectangles. But after fiddling with it for a long while I got it to this point. I'm glad it's over!
    I can understand you !

Thanks Sue, I've seen multiple sketches of artists renditions of the theatre. One had just the stage with a top that looked like a single tudor roof, another had three little houses on top, and yet another one had a board floor that had two A frame tudor houses on top. So that is the one I chose to try to do. It seems no one really knows what it really looked like because it burned down long before camera's were invented and I'm not sure if any artists of the time actually drew one from really looking at it.

Jo, I forgot that you tried CC3+ before, but I had no idea that you had tried Perspectives 3 as well.

So I've been working on more than one building in Perspectives 3. This is my growing town symbols all organized to try to create a small section of a town. I also wanted to see how well the Tudor Theatre would go with everything. I think it works. To get the full effect you really do need to click on the picture and then click to zoom in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike Schley Patreon Symbol Testing Map.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	8.52 MB 
ID:	103617