Thread: January 2018 Challenge: Zothryae

Post January 2018 Challenge: Zothryae

Well, as everybody knows, you are never going to become good at something if you donīt even try. I had the handmade version of the map for days but I didnīt want to show it. Then I realized I also didnīt want it to be for nothing so here I am. Late.

Lore:

West Zothryae was home of the Great Silt Empire( think about all the Atlantis theories) but it fell hard, leaving some ruins and its different factions trying to do what they can with what they have. The Turarak Kingdom has managed to control the southern grasslands up to Mathay, while the Sethis faction ( not drawn yet) is trying to survive a growing hostile nature.

Speaking of hostile nature, the Sea of Azellak has been presenting wild winds that sends ships far away, preventing access to East Zothryae. All the ships that have been found ended at the nothern sea in a place known as the Grimpati Shipyard. These winds stopped humidity currents from reaching Gadrashi, transforming it into a desert. Gradipalo economy has been ruined so the city is abandoned. Runipalo is founded using the resources of the Rustapini taiga. Because of the winds, goods have to be transported travelling the Ovurk Sea and Panjatmun ocean into the eastern coastline of East Zothryae causing the rise of Sjovi and RavenClaw.

For the final version, can someone help me to find a color for the names of all the sites?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	103928

Post Final Push

Well, that was a time consuming, difficult, yet fun map to do. I planned to do a Valley of the Kings location for the map but no method I tried came close to what I wanted. The city was always planned but I didnīt find brushes despicting a modern city so I tried inkscape but then I got white background. I justified it with the dome having a Timey-Wimey Ball effect, kind like the Dead Sea of Chrono Cross. The city gets its advance technology by using the magical properties of the nearby woodsīmagical water (Lay-Lines, explaining why the rivers there are straigh-ish). A disaster that desolated the nothern part of East Zothryae forced the citizens to build that dome). Meanwhile The Ravenclaw empire has a whole history of worshipping the Gorgarino Great Tree, guardian of the land, making that particular region sacred. So Ravenclaw used the taiga and the minerals from the crater to grow their territory and influence with other nations.

So this is the final version of the map, later I will post what the experience was like in another thread.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zothryae.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	5.39 MB 
ID:	104038