Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find my favorite Dungeon map Maker, please help.

Default Trying to find my favorite Dungeon map Maker, please help.

Hello all, I just made myself an account here.
    Several years ago a user here under the screen name shawno posted about a program he made for dungeon mapping. I began to use it alongside AutoREALM my other favorite mapper, and after a few years my HDD crapped out on me. I couldn't find any trace of it's existence until recently when this reddit post popped up in the search results. That post, which has been archived, pointed me here to this site which was where shawno originally posted about Dungeon Maker. I've also started using one of the mappers mentioned in the comments, Grid Mapper, which is alright, but it's not flexible enough for me to use it with my roll20 group. I was hoping someone here could help me out somehow. Please?

Hey Jackal - welcome to the Guild

I've just added a comment to the other thread that Shawno started in 2010, where you asked a similar question.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...494#post367494

Unfortunately, no. Here's a screenshot of what it looked like. It's very similar to gridmapper, but it was more feature rich than gridmapper.

It might be this:

http://www.portalroms.com/en/psp/dun...wnload-torrent

... then again, it might not.

Servus,
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

That's for a PSP. The Dungeon Maker I'm looking for was a desktop program, nonweb-based. I could export the maps as an image file(jpeg & png) or save them as a project file under the file extension .dmm. Afaik, the maps were raster based so I'm sure I'm not looking for a vector based program either. Among it's features was the ability to render the map in different styles, a vtt optimized style, a "printer friendly" style, several simple graph styles(graph paper, graph paper b&w, graph paper w/ crosshatch, etc.), and a couple of simple artistic styles.
    Unfortunately for me, when my HDD crashed and took the program with it, it also took all my project files. And the ones I had printed are gone now, as those particular dungeons were made while I was 'new' to GM'ing and dungeon building so I threw them away just prior to my HDD failing.

In the post I started, a user has brought to my attention Mipui, and it's the closest I've seen features-wise to Dungeon Maker by shawno, that I can use it while I continue my search for his Dungeon Maker.

OK - I used the internet archive to locate the original page at the Internet Archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130824.../DungeonMaker/

From there I looked at the link, and found the installer was named "DungeonMakerSetup.msi"

I googled for that, which took me to a Hungarian(?) facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/magusrpg/files/

Scrolling down the list I found an archive link to DungeonMakerSetup.msi, which takes you to a facebook download page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/magu...4363989019129/

From google translate:
    It's a simple little editing program, if Gergely Varju has no objections, I'll share it with you.
    It's all good to edit it from a small settlement to a bigger building, almost anything, whether it's a castle, inn, cave, or dungeon.
    I downloaded the file and opened the zip, and it does contain a file called "DungeonMakerSetup.msi" from around the right time, but I won't install it as I am paranoid about things like that....

Hope that helps...

-Rob A>

RobA, thank you so much. This is the same program. Your internet-fu is so formiddable. I never would have thought use an archive. Wow, thanks. There aren't as many features as I thought I remembered there were, but I still prefer this program. Here's a screenshot of the program and the version information.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalDud2 View Post
    RobA, thank you so much. This is the same program. Your internet-fu is so formiddable. I never would have thought use an archive. Wow, thanks. There aren't as many features as I thought I remembered there were, but I still prefer this program. Here's a screenshot of the program and the version information.
    NP!

Glad to help out.

Rob A>

I am very interested in using this program again as well, but am not able to get to the link by following the steps you listed.
    Could one of you upload the program so that others can get it as well? Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast