Thread: Map made with Excel

Default Map made with Excel

For those who missed it, I made this map using Ms Excel only. Even better, I did it without even using the bucket fill!
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post367521

It has several flaws but it is just the first version after all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheet 39.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	104276

Sweet! Would you object to sharing the spreadsheet, or base version if the data is proprietary or otherwise not for public consumption? I'm always up for learning new Excel tricks. I've even attempted doing a map challenge here using an Excel chart (unfinished project unfortunately). I don't know if the pics are still here or archived off for being too old.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

I took all the data from the Worldclim website.
    Looking at your profile, I'm not sure you will learn much.
    It is actually made of several spreadsheets linked. It is supposed to make it easier to manage but it feels like a double edge sword.

The biggest file is over 30 mb is size. That is way bigger than what I'm used to.
    The one you are seing here only contain the final hexadecimal code and the corresponding colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    For those who missed it, I made this map using Ms Excel only. Even better, I did it without even using the bucket fill!
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post367521

It has several flaws but it is just the first version after all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheet 39.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	104276
    Does your spreadsheet use a formula or vbasic code to enter the colours? If so, I'd be very interested in that code.