Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Urrath, West of the Sands

Map Urrath, West of the Sands

Hi fellow guildmates !

Here's a map I've been longing to share with you for quite some time. In May 2017 I've been contacted by an editor at Skyhorse Publishing to draw the maps for an upcoming novel. At the end of June the map was done and I had to wait till March 2018 to show it. It was pretty itchy but I had to wait.

"Master Assassins" by Robert V.S. Redick will be out in March and Robert was kind enough to allow me to show the map a bit early

You can find a review of the book at this link. I'll read it for sure, not because it contains my first published map (but I'm definitely psyched about it !), but because it seems pretty cool. The setting is pretty much desert with a drained out inner sea that was great to draw !

But I'll stop rambling, here comes the first map (because there'll be another novel with another map) !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skyhorse Publishing.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	383.9 KB 
ID:	104685
    © Thomas Rey - 2017 - All rights reserved

As always, share your thoughts

PS : I love drawing bladed weapons
    PPS EDIT : if a CL can kindly add an R to Urrath (I forgot one). Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by ThomasR; 02-20-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Great! Congrats for having your map published!

I love the spear, a very unique compass replacement

Great map, Thomas ! A lot of excellent things here : the trees, the volcanoes, the frame... and of course that big scar in the middle.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Congratulations on the publishing ! That must be a very good feeling !
    The map looks very nice, you really succeeded in rendering the different elements... and your love for bladed weapon shoes : it's simple, but powerful !
    I still wonder how much liberty you have to place the different elements... and how many back and forth there is with the author or the publishing company ?
    Anyway, it's good to see you reached a professionnal level !

Quote Originally Posted by nopkin View Post
    Great! Congrats for having your map published!

I love the spear, a very unique compass replacement
    Mulțumesc nopkin !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map, Thomas ! A lot of excellent things here : the trees, the volcanoes, the frame... and of course that big scar in the middle.
    Merci Julien That scar is really well named, it's truly a scorched land !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Congratulations on the publishing ! That must be a very good feeling !
    The map looks very nice, you really succeeded in rendering the different elements... and your love for bladed weapon shoes : it's simple, but powerful !
    I still wonder how much liberty you have to place the different elements... and how many back and forth there is with the author or the publishing company ?
    Anyway, it's good to see you reached a professionnal level !
    Merci Joel ! It is a really good feeling indeed There are more blades coming (a series of viking maps already done and some personal works in progress). Robert and the editor, Cory, were very communicative and Robert had a pretty good vision of his world. Being lead by someone who knew what he wanted was pretty comfy.

That is so cool for you, congrats! And that map is a really excellent book map.

Great map, Thomas. It'll look fantastic in the book (and the book sounds great too!) Congrats on the commission.

PS fixed the title for you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Simple and attractive, I love it. The title looks a bit too clear to me, it could maybe use a bit blurring to blend into the backround more, but that is honestly the only thing I can nitpick about this. Amazing work!

Edit: Can't rep you right now, sorry...
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Congratulations Thomas. What a great map to make your published debut with. I'm quite intrigued about the book. Some of the place names in the map conjure up in my mind a land that wouldn't seem alien around Persia and India.

Congratulations on that commission Thom. Well executed map for a book. It does seem interesting, i should add it to my to read list .
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast