Thread: Inks?

Default Inks?

I'm considering buying a set of inks to combine with my watercolours, and I figured I had better know more about them. i don't want to go and buy some totally incompatible sets that ruin the rest xD. But anyway, what inks do you guys who use them recommend? is there some special brands that will go with watercolours? Any horrible experiences I could be spared? I've NEVER used inks before, and I'm wondering if they work sort of like paints?
    I'm really not sure about buying them...

I don't know, I'd say just buy a little pot of India Black and start experimenting. Acrylic inks can come in a bunch of different colours but they are a different animal entirely, I wouldn't recommend starting with them. With the India black you can use it with a brush and water to create washes etc, but it is a water proof ink, so you can't go in to fix it afterwards. Anyways I'd suggest getting some tight non absorbent paper, buying a cheap set of nibs and just start experimenting. I don't know if Michaels is still around, but when I was still in NA they had that sort of thing.

I have done ink pens and water color. I used the Pitt Pigmented Drawing India Ink Artist Pen Box of 4 Line Widths in Black From Faber Castell and I got them from amazon. They din't bleed through at all. I am just starting with this (have done my first water color and ink map just two days ago) but it worked for me. I have used them before on just ink maps and I really like them. I think the pens are really east to start wtih.

Deleted by user.
    Last edited by GSEC; 03-18-2018 at 06:51 AM.