Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Errant, Capitol of the Multiverse

Wip WIP - Errant, Capitol of the Multiverse

Working on a map for my new homebrew dimension-hopping RPG setting. Errant is a city on a rock floating in the astral plane with gateways to different realities. Being a bit ambitious, I'm going to be making six maps that all fit together into one big map. Each of the six will reflect the kinds of worlds accessible from them and the factions that run them. I've got the overall shape laid out and have started in on the post-apocalyptic region of the city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Multiverse Map 2.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	105350

Is the rock flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Is the rock flat?
    Yeah, floating island type of deal.

Took a little time off this project but came back to it. Started in on the next piece. The bottom left is post-apocalyptic. I'm going to do some terrain there. Bottom center is the new bit - it's a fascist enclave. I took inspiration from old Soviet maps

Name:	Multiverse Map 2.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	106685

The fascist district is nearly complete. I feel like it might be missing a little something. Might add some more labels, too. But I'll likely move on for now and come back to it.

Name:	Multiverse Map 3.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	106724

Just to be sure, the fascists are on the left? Right is the communists...

On the right - and yeah, "authoritarian" is probably a more apt descriptor. The aesthetics and names are definitely drawn from communist sources.

I wasn't liking where the post-apocalyptic zone was headed. Mostly I didn't have a good plan for the buildings. So I started that one over from scratch. Plan was to do something like a vintage tourist map and then distress it. I'm going to add some more labels that look hand-written over the top noting raider locations, mutants, etc. And I'm going to do some displacement mapping to get the text to wrap over the crumpled paper texture better. I added a background - not sure if I'll stick with corkboard but I wanted to see what it's going to look like when I get a background behind it.

Name:	Multiverse Map 5.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	8.51 MB 
ID:	106833

More work on this today. Some little touches on the PSR - changed some names. The post-apoc section is nearing done. Grabbed a couple of stock art sketches to add to it. Needs a little work there. Also not sold on the cork background. Did some searching for an alternative, but haven't found anything solid yet.

Name:	Multiverse Map 8.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	8.83 MB 
ID:	106882

Starting to draft the top left and bottom right.
    -Top left is a fantasy realm. Trying out some different building styles. I'm leaning towards the no-color style from the bottom left, then the middle. I'd love opinions there.
    -Bottom right is universes where AIs have taken over. Still not sure exactly what I want to do there, but I like the computer components-as-city thing.

Name:	6MWurkl.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	106989

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast