Thread: Ravenloft Subcrypt

Map Ravenloft Subcrypt

Curse of Strahd (and I believe also the 3.5 Ravenloft adventure) mentions a subcrypt that can be entered via Crypt 14 in the Catacombs (K84). This is my take on a map for it. 150 pixels = 5 feet.

I tried to make it interesting for encounters, with space for movement around the central sarcophagus. All of the skeletons and swords are around that area, too, to make for difficult terrain.

The only thing I created here was the layout of the subcrypt. All of the map elements were found on Dundjini forums and other similar places. The overall style is based on Jon Pintar's "Castle Ravenloft - Realistic Maps".

Characters drop down from Crypt 14 into the right-most smaller separate square region in the upper right of the map. This fits with the size of the crypts on Mr. Pintar's maps.

I've also included a version without the skeletons and swords, in case you want just the base map so you can add your own elements.

Feel free to use them however you like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!3_Ravenloft_SubCrypt.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	105839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!3_Ravenloft_SubCrypt_NoBones.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	105840  

I'm always a fan of dungeon battlemaps, nice work! I like the 2 skeletons that are leaning against and hanging from the side of the Sarcophagi.