So a continuation of my Dwarf City from a dusty ancient challenge. It occurs to me that this is covers a bit larger area than a city map since it includes some close by localities. What would such a map be called? In any case it's primary purpose is to represent the city.
### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DwarfCityProgress1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	105692
Some things I discovered are that even 20 buildings isn't really enough. If you do simple buildings it's hard to build variety, and each time you place them it takes more work (since you may have to add other parts to them to help differentiate them. And that if you make more unique types of buildings they are too unique to use too many of them. I'm trying to work out a way to make more modular pieces. The first step of which I guess is having standard sizes...

I figured out the length of that wall (roughly) and it's about 4.2 kms long. And it so far has 139 towers. Which will be adjusted for gates and water outlets etc so it may end up being less. I'm not sure if I should have a smaller or older wall inside that one.

There should be trees appearing on all the lower green levels. I'm not sure why they haven't. I added the wall after doing the trees on the level they are visible, so obviously that will have to be adjusted. That level has 25,000 trees, apparently, Which is a scary prospect as it still looks somewhat sparse. This means that if I did more trees, say 50,000 for the lower levels and 25,000 for the others I'd end up with about 375,000 trees (since I think the treeline is at about level 10 or 11). Most of the trees average about 500 faces, but they go up to over a thousand for more complicated ones. So it could end up that my computer has to deal with well over 300 million faces (including all the other stuff) for a full shot. Not sure if it can. I need to figure out someway to mitigate the impact. Maybe use 2d trees? If I could make them track the camera somehow...