Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2018 Challenge: The Big War of Resh in Frel & Floris

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    C'est merveilleux!!
    I agree, the shadows under the arrows - excellent.
    I smile while looking at your maps. They are fun as well as beautifully crafted.

And I will say it again, I love the little armies.
    I have occasionally had to draw tiny people in some of my work.
    It's not an easy thing. For me, at least.
    Hehe, I'm glad if I can make you smile ^^
    Drawing people is really hard for me too but my tiny armies are a good compromise and I'm slowly going better at this. The most I draw, the most I can give personality to every tiny soldier : it's fun to draw the officers wielding a weapon, the shy ones not totally convinced by the cause or the drunk ones next to Laflir

=

And done with the lineart with adding the border and title : hope you'll like the new addition !
    Now, let's start to add some color

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrelAndFloris_WIP07_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	720.0 KB 
ID:	105929

You manage to place even more fantastic details on this, impressive.
    You're really polishing a jewel .

Guild Expert

It’s looking marvellous MistyBeee, can I ask where you get you’re paper backgrounds? Or do you make them yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    You manage to place even more fantastic details on this, impressive.
    You're really polishing a jewel .
    Haha, I had a thought about you when I added the labels, wondering if you would be disappointed after having told that kind compliment about my 'non-overloaded-skills' ^^' I'm especially happy if you still love it !

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    It’s looking marvellous MistyBeee, can I ask where you get you’re paper backgrounds? Or do you make them yourself?
    Thank you Kacey !!
    Most of the paper backgrounds I use are from myself. I sometimes paint them from scratch but in most of the case I use a scanned old paper as a base (from old books, notebooks or letters I got from my grandparents : I'm lucky on this point !), repaint it when needed, add/remove texture depending on the case and ajust the color for the specific needs of the map.
    In this specific case, it's an old notebook page scanned + generic parchment texture I painted 15 years ago at 50% opacity to fade the texture ('think it's best for preserve the linework readability) + hue/saturation ajustment (sounds grey but it's not, it's slightly yellow/brown).

Name:	Parchment_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	105963

PS : If someone can help me to understand something : how should I send the final picture ? Just post it here with another #WIP# tag, or is there a specific procedure ? Sorry for the stupid asking ^^'
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 03-30-2018 at 04:41 AM.

Map March 2018 Challenge: The Big War of Resh in Frel & Floris

Hi Guild !

Here is the final version of my map about the big War of Resh on Frel and Floris, depicting how the six Kingdoms of Frel tried to overrun the five Kingdoms of Floris, and how an heroic division of soldiers managed to cross the mountains and attacked Tol'Kaereth to force the Frelish armies to come back or lost their capital.

### Winner ###

Name:	FrelAndFloris_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	804 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	105983

PS : Still not sure if it's the way I have to submit the final map ^^'
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-20-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Changed tag for thumbnail scraper

That's just incredible in the space of a month. Well its incredible anyway, but more so for having been drawn under pressure like this.

Beautifully drawn, Misty

Don't worry - that's all you have to do - just like all the others before it you just add the latest wip tag and the thumbnail scraper picks it up and presents it right here in the album along with all the rest of the maps

That looks beautiful, Beee
    The touches of color are very much in keeping with a historical map.
    A really splendid and fun map.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Flying ships! Get out!

This is definitely my favorite of the bunch, and there are several strong contenders in this here bunch. But I love everything about this: the border, the heraldry, the tiny armies, the arrows. Just an amazing job all around.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Where do you get off being so freaking talented? That's just not right.

Good call on the sparing use of color; any more would've made the map too confusing to look at.

Jaw droppingly awesome! Can't say any more than that...

That's the way to submit the latest version, so you're all set.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast