Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

A nice change up to a map that has been done ad nauseum (sp?)

I especially like all of the little touches like the Ent near Fangorn, etc.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    A nice change up to a map that has been done ad nauseum (sp?)
    I especially like all of the little touches like the Ent near Fangorn, etc.
    Thanks Steel !
    To be honest I think I would never drew a Middle Earth by myself, but it's a commissioned work, so the challenge was to try something different and new : I'm happy if you all think it's a success
    (Ad nauseam)

Well i for one can never have enough of the Middle-Earth map (how can anyone say such a thing...it's map-heresy ). It is THE iconic fantasy map. And i love what you have done with it, Beee. As others have said, those little art-pieces really add to the flavor and depth of the map. I love it.
    If only we could have the full resolution of that *sigh*

Very well done! If i can, I'll rep you (but i probably will have to spread "the love" around for a bit, first).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Soooo nice ! I love the way you added your own style to the "tolkien" style ... It makes the map known and new at the same time. And when you zoom for detail, the amount of work you put into this map appears, and it's a wonder !

Shame that I only get around to commenting on this map now, seeing as I was the first to request you post it here. But it looks great Beee! Middle Earth is probably my favourite fantasy map of all time, and seeing this piece is an absolute pleasure. The little illustrations are lovely, and there are just so many little details to discover.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Well i for one can never have enough of the Middle-Earth map (how can anyone say such a thing...it's map-heresy ). It is THE iconic fantasy map. And i love what you have done with it, Beee. As others have said, those little art-pieces really add to the flavor and depth of the map. I love it.
    If only we could have the full resolution of that *sigh*
    Very well done! If i can, I'll rep you (but i probably will have to spread "the love" around for a bit, first).
    Haha, thanks a lot Eilathen ! Give some love for me : I see so many people that deserve it there !!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Soooo nice ! I love the way you added your own style to the "tolkien" style ... It makes the map known and new at the same time. And when you zoom for detail, the amount of work you put into this map appears, and it's a wonder !
    Merci Jo !! Preserve tradition while making something new, the biggest challenge on this one ! I'm glad you think I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Shame that I only get around to commenting on this map now, seeing as I was the first to request you post it here. But it looks great Beee! Middle Earth is probably my favourite fantasy map of all time, and seeing this piece is an absolute pleasure. The little illustrations are lovely, and there are just so many little details to discover.
    Hehe, no problem Daniel, the forum is huge and it seems impossible to see everything what's new, isn't it ? Anyway, thanks a lot for the comment and for the rep too !

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    An excellent job!
    Thank you very much, Francesca ! As a huge fan of your work, your comment means a lot !

What an amazing work! For me, the thing that makes this map outstanding in terms of design are the little bubbles of the iconic places. I imagine it's a very small part of the overall work, but It gives its own personality.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Wow, awesome stuff!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast