Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nesindra III

Map Nesindra III

In a surprisingly odd twist, this is one of the first finished world maps I've posted here.
    I have done a few globe views, but not an actual word map. Imagine that.
    Anyways, I started a bit of this over in my experiment thread early last year.
    This actually got started as I was first messing around with G.projector and was trying to come to grips with making equirectangular maps that looked ok when fit on a globe.
    There isn't backstory for this map, as it was more experiment than anything else.
    The idea was that it was just a part of a map catalog of some exploring space race.
    Just sort of mapping planets and locations that they had surveyed.
    Nesindra III reminded me of a name for some sort of Star Trek system name.

I tried a few different things here, different than what everyone sees from me.
    Though not so different from what I used to do. I always liked graphic design.
    Anyways, I'll quit rambling. Enjoy.

Nesindra III, from the Atlas of Stellar Cartography
    [as published by the Fetrimeris Survey Expedition, OLN Gleistron 7869-1442.873o4]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nesindra III by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	1648 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	105852
    Last edited by J.Edward; 03-27-2018 at 10:10 AM.

It's a nice style and the use of pale colours for details is good but maybe a little too dark.

Blog Entries

Beautiful map. J.Edward.

I especially like the mountains being a yellow ochre colour on the black. It reminds me of chalk on a blackboard. Excellent style.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Simply great !
    You've done this one quickly (or so it seemed), I'm even more impressed. I love the general layout and design, the landshapes.
    I think the mountains could maybe pop a bit more?
    And, hum *getting an innocent look on his face*... will we see the rest of the star system ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    It's a nice style and the use of pale colours for details is good but maybe a little too dark.
    Thanks Azelor
    It was a tough decision between the details being subdued and more prominent.
    I wanted them to be subtle, not overly strong.
    More to suggest mountains than to be really part of the map..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Beautiful map. J.Edward.

I especially like the mountains being a yellow ochre colour on the black. It reminds me of chalk on a blackboard. Excellent style.
    Thanks Ramah
    Very much appreciated and glad to see you back around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Simply great !
    You've done this one quickly (or so it seemed), I'm even more impressed. I love the general layout and design, the landshapes.
    I think the mountains could maybe pop a bit more?
    And, hum *getting an innocent look on his face*... will we see the rest of the star system ?
    Yeah, this went somewhat quickly. I mean, a decent portion [the coasts] sat on my computer for a long while.
    But this later phase was done pretty quickly. Maybe a week or so actively working it.
    The style allows for a reasonably quick turnover. Without the mountains, it would be really quick.

Hehe, i don't know about more system info/maps. ;P
    Are you wanting something like a star system map? or other planets in the system?

Very dramatic!

Ummmm... I'm not terribly keen on that font.

Apart from that, though, another fine map

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Very dramatic!

Ummmm... I'm not terribly keen on that font.

Apart from that, though, another fine map
    Thanks Mouse.
    hehe, that's okay. Chashio didn't like the font either.

Guild Expert

Looks great J.Edward, love that you went for black with this its very unconventional, reminds me a bit of Ilanthars recent star map.

Aww, I love that unusual colors and the clean/modern look. Would change nothing there !

Did I perchance happen to mention I ADORE these colors? No? Well, I do. A beautiful composition overall, I love the simple yet elegant decorations around the map. And I'll have to disagree with Mouse here, I think the font actually fits this map very well.

Yet another beauty, well done.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast