Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gogla

Guild Apprentice

Wip Gogla

WIP of my friend's D&D setting, the countryside of Gogla, now under control of the one-man-army tyrant Joey, that I'm playing in! He asked me to improve on his hastily drawn map, and this is what I've got so far. This is a WIP, so I know the text placement is a lil wonky (Tolaria being bisected by a river), and I plan on replacing all of the city icons with hand-drawn representations at some point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoglaEXAMPLE.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	8.77 MB 
ID:	105882

Looks pretty good. Joey was a PC I assume? God save any under the rule of a PC.

There is a river issue if you are concerned with realistic rivers. Rivers don't branch as they head towards sea, the opposite in fact, they branch as you head up river away from sea. If you think of a tree the ground is the sea, the trunk the main river and the branches are all tributaries that flow into the trunk.

This is a good source if you are interested in getting your rivers in the right place...

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ead.php?t=3822

Otherwise it looks really good

Very nicely drawn map

Maybe the river is splitting like that as a result of magic? That's if there's magic in this world of yours

Guild Apprentice

I know rivers don't normally do that, however, he was pretty adamant about the river placement! Perhaps it'll come into play later on in the campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by micaholism View Post
    I know rivers don't normally do that, however, he was pretty adamant about the river placement! Perhaps it'll come into play later on in the campaign...
    Fair enough, however it is rather frustrating to look at when there is no evident explanation. At least for me. Especially in conjunction with the overall nice quality of the map which will tend to highlight oddities.
    Last edited by Falconius; 03-27-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Guild Apprentice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gogla.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	7.75 MB 
ID:	105962

I ended up messing with the river directions because it was bothering me too! Added a lot of embellishment, finished up the geographic features, and finalized the text. Only thing I have left is to add icons (need the input of the DM for that) and some lore/flavor to fill up the negative spaces somewhat, then it'll be done!

I really like the overall flavor of this map. Well done!
    And it's always nice to see fellow roleplayers, so welcome on the CG!

Care to tell us a bit about the world itself?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Looks good. Real good. I like the new water lines, and love the new rivers (). You also spiced it up a little with those new topographic additions. It feels more complete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast