Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map of the sea roads of the tarasques

Map Map of the sea roads of the tarasques

This a map done for my Tipeee about 9 months ago.
    It depicts the main sea roads used by the gigantic Tarasques of the lercarids people.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarask travels.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	105966
    I hope you'll like it!
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 03-30-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Guild Apprentice

Your coastlines look awesome! What's a Tarasques?? And how do sea roads work? It looks very cool!

Oooh, cool! I like the raw and sketchy look this one has. Very atmospheric. A great map!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This map is really neat. I am not quite sure how you did it but when I look at the map my eyes go directly to the sea, rather than the land as is normal for me. Seeing as the sea is the point that is being focused on this is appropriate but I am a little bewildered by my reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Soraya View Post
    Your coastlines look awesome! What's a Tarasques?? And how do sea roads work? It looks very cool!
    My knowledge of a Tarasque comes from DND 3.5. It is a huge land creature and only 1 is known to exist. It destroys entire worlds. However, I dont quite think this is what is being referenced here though...

By Soraya
    Thanks, Soraya ! It's part of my Domhantyr world (the map is on the guild). Those Tarasques are gigantic sea creatures carrying cities, there are two different on this map, but here's a closer view :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	view tarasque.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	105941
    The sea roads are more or less supposed to follow the main currents (like the gulfstream on earth).

By Kelleri
    Oooh, cool! I like the raw and sketchy look this one has. Very atmospheric. A great map!
    Thanks a lot Kelleri! That was exactly what I wanted to convey .

By Arimel
    This map is really neat. I am not quite sure how you did it but when I look at the map my eyes go directly to the sea, rather than the land as is normal for me. Seeing as the sea is the point that is being focused on this is appropriate but I am a little bewildered by my reaction.
    Thanks, Arimel ! Hehe, I was kinda testing things here and yeah, I wanted the seas to be the main thing on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    My knowledge of a Tarasque comes from DND 3.5. It is a huge land creature and only 1 is known to exist. It destroys entire worlds. However, I dont quite think this is what is being referenced here though...
    The D&D Tarasque is very loosely (as is usual with D&D) based on an actual legendary creature. It is a monster of Provence. http://folklore-society.com/miscellany/tarasque Making it a sea creature seems perfectly fitting with the lore. There's even a dinosaur named after the Tarasque, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarascosaurus.

Love the authentic "all by hand" feeling on this one, and the coastline is splendid !

Ravi de la voir par ici

The way you are good in completly different styles is amazing, opening one of your maps is always a surprise (and a good one) Beautifull work!

By Rdanhenry
    The D&D Tarasque is very loosely (as is usual with D&D) based on an actual legendary creature. It is a monster of Provence. http://folklore-society.com/miscellany/tarasque Making it a sea creature seems perfectly fitting with the lore. There's even a dinosaur named after the Tarasque, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarascosaurus.
    Glad you find it fitting ! I learned a few things by reading those links.

By MistyBeee
    Love the authentic "all by hand" feeling on this one, and the coastline is splendid !
    Thanks a lot! And also for the corrections .

By ThomasR
    Ravi de la voir par ici
    Héhé, merci Thomas !

By Francissimo
    The way you are good in completly different styles is amazing, opening one of your maps is always a surprise (and a good one) Beautifull work!
    Thanks a lot! I hope I'll continue to surprise you .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast