Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the back of Dragons ...

Agree with MistyBeee, I like the quick sketchbook style. It has the free style feel of a drawing study for a more in depth illustration.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    An aerial view of a planet, inspired by J.Edward "Thurians". It clearly needs work and maybe the brush was not the good tool for it but I'm learning. Done on a charming new elongated sketchpad with a kuretake soft brush n°13 in a couple of hours. I added the text and background texturing digitally. It was fun, I hope you like it.

Attachment 105964
    This is amazing, I'm such a big fan of the things you've been doing with brushes.

Do you do any preparation for the brush art? Even though I'm sticking to the relatively safe pens, I always end up doing some sketching in pencil first. Are you boldly putting ink to a blank page, or do you make sketches first? Whatever you do, the results are wonderful!

Cheers,
    Meshon

Beautiful work Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by nopkin View Post
    This looks really great! You've inspired me to take out my brushpens - which I haven't touched in a long while - and do something like this, so I'm going to try my hand at a brush map this weekend

Great to see you on Instagram too!
    Mulțumesc nopkin I'm glad to motivate you in that direction !

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Cool, it looks just as good as the real thing
    It is not an easy perspective to work with.
    Merci Vincent ! I did not really hesitate that much, I sketched something quickly and went on it with ink pretty quickly to fend off the fear of ruining it completely

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    This map just look super nice : looks like something an adventurer would have sketched in situ in his travel book
    Merci Beee That's exactly the spirit ! Not a map per se as it lacks labels but I wanted it without labels so it's more like a medfan postcard

Quote Originally Posted by elboe View Post
    Agree with MistyBeee, I like the quick sketchbook style. It has the free style feel of a drawing study for a more in depth illustration.
    Thanks elboe I certainly need to make this style more detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    This is amazing, I'm such a big fan of the things you've been doing with brushes.

Do you do any preparation for the brush art? Even though I'm sticking to the relatively safe pens, I always end up doing some sketching in pencil first. Are you boldly putting ink to a blank page, or do you make sketches first? Whatever you do, the results are wonderful!

Cheers,
    Meshon
    Thanks Meshon I usually do a quick pencil sketch and then go over it with the brush I wish I could boldly step into this inked unknown but I'm not there yet. The problem is that the ink I use for that brush doesn't behave well under an eraser ... I better have a light touch with the pencil !

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Beautiful work Thomas.
    Thanks Mr. Bogues, I do hope I'll give you something better for the Lite Challenge
    Last edited by ThomasR; 04-02-2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: clumsy sausages for fingers ...

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very dark, intense... I like the use of the peculiar pencil you used ! Again, a map that shows great character !
    Your hard work is really paying of !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very dark, intense... I like the use of the peculiar pencil you used ! Again, a map that shows great character !
    Your hard work is really paying of !
    I'm glad you feel that way about the atmosphere I hope I'll be able to better handle that style with a more complex map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12