Here's my entry for the April 2018 Challenge

The thread is here

I hope you'll like it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edhest 07.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	10.80 MB 
ID:	106797

Wow, magnificent JO. Beautiful map and illustrations. The colour pallete is also great.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I agree with Voolf! A very nice entry, map-wise as well as color-palette-wise.

And from a fellow Swiss, no less Hi!

Erm...anyway ^^

Is there a backstory/history to that map/setting (i mean beside the donjon output)? If yes, care to share?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Wow, magnificent JO. Beautiful map and illustrations. The colour pallete is also great.
    Thanks Voolf for your kind words... I tried something different for the pallet, and I'm glad it's not too ugly ;D !

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I agree with Voolf! A very nice entry, map-wise as well as color-palette-wise.

And from a fellow Swiss, no less Hi!

Erm...anyway ^^

Is there a backstory/history to that map/setting (i mean beside the donjon output)? If yes, care to share?
    Hi !

Thanks for the comments !
    A map coming straight out of Switzerland !
    No backstory for this one, though I tried to give an "ambiance" with the different names of provinces, that you can found on the swords that are on the coat of arms... It was to suggest an alliance of old kingdoms or county to make a stronger republic together...
    As the surface and scale of the map counted on the challenge, I used a map of a real country wich has similar surface : Italy... I know that it shows and you can easily recognize some parts of Italy, as well as the alps (more or less)... and I thought of doing the Geneva Lake and the Rhone River, but not too similar as the real ones... so, in a way, there are parts of Switzerland in this map...

I love what you did with this map and I also love that you constantly are modest about the praises we give to you. You deserve every bit of compliment. You did not try things here, you achieved every goal you set for yourself and more as you delivered a personal piece trying to emulate other persons work, that shows true art and true character ! I'd even rep it twice if the system let me

I think there is something very special about this map. I can't stop looking at it and there is so many care of details everywhere. It just gives me the feeling of looking at a world both familar and foreign... You know, just this universe one step beside ours ?
    One of the things I prefer (be warned, it's a bit weird...) is how the "acid green" you used in the coat of arms and swords is mirrored in the climbing plant on the bottom right tower : that's a great balance

Great map, Joel ! This one has indeed something special. Everything works very well, and - as usual - I like the way you display the map.

I love what you did with the illustrations here, Jo. A gorgeous piece of work