Thread: Denoril

Map Denoril

...and here's Denoril!
    It's a misterious world, I really enjoyed working on it.

- Done for Aaron Bunce and his Overthrown book series. -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBaerald_Denoril.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	449.0 KB 
ID:	107259

Saw that one on DeviantArt I believe. Reaaallly love it. And guess what? It seems I repped you about two minutes ago :O
    EDIT: I've just wondered: do you draw the linework first or sort of build up the map with paint (i believe it's not the latter?...). If you do the linework first, then would I do so much as ask what paper you use?
    Sorry. I ask questions all the time...
    Last edited by MapMappingMapped; 05-24-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Just amazing, as usual... There is something special in every single map you draw, and always so many details to look at !!

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Saw that one on DeviantArt I believe. Reaaallly love it. And guess what? It seems I repped you about two minutes ago :O
    EDIT: I've just wondered: do you draw the linework first or sort of build up the map with paint (i believe it's not the latter?...). If you do the linework first, then would I do so much as ask what paper you use?
    Sorry. I ask questions all the time...
    Thank you! I make the pencil drawing, get the approval from the client, then move on with ink and finally with watercolour. During all the process I use 300gr cotton paper.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Just amazing, as usual... There is something special in every single map you draw, and always so many details to look at !!
    Thank you! I am more of an illustrator than a cartographer. But I try my best to improve both skills

Your border illustrations are always so wonderlicious!

Such a lovely, unique map and the border illustrations are amazing. I love your color palette. So this is all watercolor or did you also work with colored pencils on this one?

The river system looks a bit strange to me, but I guess this is how the author wanted them to be.

Once again, I love the frame and the way your little creatures play with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Your border illustrations are always so wonderlicious!
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    Such a lovely, unique map and the border illustrations are amazing. I love your color palette. So this is all watercolor or did you also work with colored pencils on this one?

The river system looks a bit strange to me, but I guess this is how the author wanted them to be.
    Thank you! I have added some red charcoal here and there to enhance some features. Sometimes I notice some inaccuracies on the prototipe maps from my clients. Since they are often fantasy maps I do not give it much importance. For me sometimes freedom of expression and creativity are more important than accuracy, especially regarding fantasy maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Once again, I love the frame and the way your little creatures play with it .
    Thank you!

Default Excellent

Beautiful work. I love the detailed border surrounding the map.

Quote Originally Posted by jbono View Post
    Beautiful work. I love the detailed border surrounding the map.
    Thank you!