Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commission 2018: Emberstone

Default Commission 2018: Emberstone

Hello everyone,

Here is a small city map I recently finished for a client. Nothing fancy, but it was a fun project that gave me a chance to work on a kind of environment that I haven’t really tried out before, which is always great. Also I haven’t had a lot of time for drawing this spring, so it was fun to work on a city project again.

Hope people will like this.

Cheers,
    Karl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emberstone final 2018 s.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	107723

Delightful! The divide between rich and poor could make for some great roleplaying, since the "rich looking down on the poor" is displayed in literal fashion. I admire your style, sir.

Very nice, Karl, as always. I always like your imaginative buildings - in this case, especially the Spires of Innovation

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Delightful! The divide between rich and poor could make for some great roleplaying, since the "rich looking down on the poor" is displayed in literal fashion. I admire your style, sir.
    I don't think the rich are higher up than the poor. I think that's just the bank of a dried-out river that you're talking about. Unless you mean the Golden Rise?

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

neat linework and coloring, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I don't think the rich are higher up than the poor. I think that's just the bank of a dried-out river that you're talking about. Unless you mean the Golden Rise?
    The castle certainly is. The separation between the rich and the poor by the river Karina is more along the lines of what I meant with the idea of social division, and the roleplaying opportunities that lie within that.

Sorry I have GM goggles on a lot of the time when I look at city maps, always looking for means of intrigue.

A stunning piece with lots of details to explore, as always, I might add. Great work Karl!

Great work, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I alway admire the way you show a lot with so few strokes ! Great talent !

An oriental city with a dried riverbed? This is indeed a delight and a very pleasant surprise .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast