Thread: The Animator's Lab

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Map The Animator's Lab

This map is meant for an adventure idea I had. It's about a surgeon who finds out he's incurably ill and is terrified of death. He strikes up a bargain with an evil deity, who promises to cure the surgeon in exchange for his services. The surgeon is tasked to make an army of flesh gholems. He gets the required body parts from his unwitting patients. Eventually, he starts to arouse suspicion. An ever increasing number of patients seem to lose limbs while under the surgeon's care, graves are found dug up, and people even go missing. Someone (a party of brave adventurers) will eventually connect the dots and investigate.

It took me a long time to finish. I got stuck several times, and then wandered off to do other maps that seemed easier. But I'm glad I came back to it eventually.
    I drew it by hand on graph paper, and coloured it in Photoshop. I hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients: graph paper, ink, photoshop, podcasts, patience, frustration, coffee, foul language, despair, and help from Guild Members (thanks!).

WIP Thread here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AnimLab_Final_Small_CLR-300-Labels.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	107822

It look really good, it was time well spent.

Great work, I love the design of this place. The light coming out of the windows is a nice touch!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Lovely map with a nice story to go with it. The arrangement of the floors makes for a nice balance and each floor is perfectly drawn. As the others said, the light coming in from the windows adds a lot as well!

Prachtig werk!

Great work, and happy to see you finished it. Love the story!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

A lot of details and great colors! Your light and shadows are also spectacular.

I've been eying this one for so long ! It came out wonderful ! From the stonework to the wooden floors, the colors and lighting, everything is perfect, I gotta try despair as a fuel And the Faust/Frankenstein background story is a real good idea