Thread: Dysonia

Wip Dysonia

Hi fellows,

A few weeks ago, our esteemed colleague DysonLogos posted a map on Twitter. He bought a second hand RPG book which contained said map drawn by it's previous owner. Here's the original :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Df2aW-2UEAAEoUw.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	108086

I liked the land shapes and decided to treat it as a commission sketch with some creative freedom as practice.
    Here is the WIP :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Dyson2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	896.1 KB 
ID:	108087

If you spot a huge J.Edward influence, that's totally normal, he's awesome

As usual, any comment or critic is welcome.

I like it
    I agree, that land shape is nice.
    The compass is quite a nice touch.

I could just copy and paste the comment witten by J. : I like it, the shape is great and the compass really well done ! ^^
    Maybe I would just rework the cliffs in the southern part ? Or maybe not, depending on what you plan for the next steps

Oh I just love the compass as well! Looks rusty. The overall layout is great!

Very nice!
    Off course, your compass is great
    Your rendering of that draft is awesome. Besides the compass itself, I really like the placement. It enhances the map.
    Next step is colors or you keep it B&W?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I like it
    I agree, that land shape is nice.
    The compass is quite a nice touch.
    Thanks John It was a nice occasion do redo that compass digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I could just copy and paste the comment witten by J. : I like it, the shape is great and the compass really well done ! ^^
    Maybe I would just rework the cliffs in the southern part ? Or maybe not, depending on what you plan for the next steps
    Merci Beee Those cliffs are meant to be some desolate mesa (the highlands on the original map) What would you envision for them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Oh I just love the compass as well! Looks rusty. The overall layout is great!
    Thanks Adfor I had thought of the compass as jagged but not rusty and you are right, it is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    Very nice!
    Off course, your compass is great
    Your rendering of that draft is awesome. Besides the compass itself, I really like the placement. It enhances the map.
    Next step is colors or you keep it B&W?
    Merci Robin I thought it was way past time I applied this style to a digital form and I can see the practice works, way less CMD+Z for me At the moment, I'm a bit swamped in commissioned work (a three maps for the next iteration of Berlin XVIII and a 101x68 cm world map plus some other projects ...) so, I use this one to vent off some steam (yes, I draw maps to relax from drawing maps ... go figure ...) so, I guess it'll stay black and white for now but I'd love to see what I can do with color as there will be much drawn terrain on this one. I'll take my time though.

It's already excellent . I really like your frame "J.E. style" ofc. And those mountains and compass which are all yours and also great.
    I'm also swamped in work... maybe I should try to do some more maps for fun .