Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarkas Final Version 12 Sep 18 100 dpi.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	6.38 MB 
ID:	110088

I am pronouncing this map done.

Tarkas was an outpost located on the Old Highway at the northern border of Elandia and at the southern edge of the Wasteland. It was home to a garrison of soldiers who were stationed there to patrol the Old Highway, to ensure the trade route remained open and to alert Elandia of any threat approaching from the North. The garrison of two hundred and fifty men consisted of three companies of fifty foot-soldiers armed with spears and large shields, two archer companies made up of twenty-five archers each, one scout platoon with twenty-five mounted scouts which Marcus commanded, and a support company of twenty-five men consisting of cooks, blacksmiths, fletchers, leatherworkers, a farrier and a physician.

The map is for a book I am writing. It was created using Campaign Cartographer 3+ and the Jonathan Roberts City style set. I used Autodesk SketchBook and Photoshop CC 2018 to add details and create the backgrounds. It was a learning experience in the use of all three programs and the overall map making process. I am still learning and adjusting my process. The link to the WIP thread is below if you would like to see how the project evolved.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=42221