Thread: Algernon World Map

Map Algernon World Map

Heya everyone.

I'm really a nooby newbie in all this amazing map world, but tonight i did my first one.

For almost 15 years being a RPG Master and player, i wasnt able to draw a map for my adventures using my bare hands, and tonight i did my first one using the Inkarnate website.
    I know this tool can be too easy to be used, but i hope soon i can be using my Photoshop ^.^ But until this future comes to reality, I really hope that this little project may be helpful for us all.

Oh, and please, I'd love to read all the opinions, good or not (cuz we can improve with the criticism)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Algernon Reign.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	109718

Hi, Fagner and welcome to the Guild.

You've got a very nice map there! Inkcarnate is a very decent tool for making maps, though I think most people around here prefer to make their own from scratch.

The main thing that jumps out at me right now is that your rivers aren't quite right. You have a river flowing from the north coast to the south, and splitting just north of Servey. Rivers don't do that in the real world. We have a thread that goes into some detail on this, but in summary... rivers generally start from high ground and flow downwards, and they join up, rather than split, like tree branches joining the tree trunk. I think you also have a river going underneath the mountains? Not sure how common that is. You can of course say 'because of magic' and get away with breaking all sorts of rules, but if you'd like to be somewhat realistic, having your rivers follow general principles will get you there.

That aside, I do like what you've made. It looks like an interesting world. Have some rep for your first map at the Guild.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"