Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raum's Stronghold (personal project)

Default Raum's Stronghold (personal project)

It was quite a ride with this illustration. Good challange, bit of frustration, but also learned a lot. Happy to present you the finished piece.
    I don't know when i will be back to this kind of isometric maps. They are cool, but making them up from thin air is very tiresome for me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raum's_Stronghold_CG.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	110612

For those interested in the proccess, here is the WIP thread.

Full res map is avaiable through my Patreon.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Wonderful work, Voolf ! Super clean, with a superb choice for colors. Congrats !!

Guild Expert

It turned out really great Voolf, I love the style and the border is nice too.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

It's really impressive, and the level of detail on the slopes superb. Very well done!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

That is AWESOME! I have not been able to accomplish this type of map/illustration but this gives me the motivation to keep trying.

PS - Love the obelisk.

You feared the shadows and there was nothing to fear, it's epic ! And bonus points for the awesome border

Been waiting for this one! It's beautiful, and I agree with Thomas about the shadows - excellent! Hope to see more like this - no pressure though, hehe...

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Incredible - but I've run all out of rep for you.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Wow ! the shadows of the hills are impressive, really. I was a little surprised to see such a small mages's tower... my a priori on the mages's ego certainly

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Wonderful work, Voolf ! Super clean, with a superb choice for colors. Congrats !!
    Thanks Misty. I took some ideas from your Dark Souls map for last touches, but it is nowhere near your awesome map

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    It turned out really great Voolf, I love the style and the border is nice too.
    Thanks Kacey. It is nice to hear from you again on the CG. You have been absent for too long

Quote Originally Posted by daperdepa View Post
    It's really impressive, and the level of detail on the slopes superb. Very well done!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    That is AWESOME! I have not been able to accomplish this type of map/illustration but this gives me the motivation to keep trying.

PS - Love the obelisk.
    Same here. I have seen so many great maps like that, i decided to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    You feared the shadows and there was nothing to fear, it's epic ! And bonus points for the awesome border
    Yes i did. I did it many times till i got it right. Thank you for encouraging words on WIP thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Been waiting for this one! It's beautiful, and I agree with Thomas about the shadows - excellent! Hope to see more like this - no pressure though, hehe...
    Haha, i really want to make another one. Just need to gather some strenght and patience Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Incredible - but I've run all out of rep for you.
    Thank you Wired

Quote Originally Posted by Tenia View Post
    Wow ! the shadows of the hills are impressive, really. I was a little surprised to see such a small mages's tower... my a priori on the mages's ego certainly
    Haha, I marginalized the mages here. This supposed to be a military outpost.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast