Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sword Coast

I can only echo what my CG friends already said. Wonderful piece of map-art. I love it! Makes me want to game in this world all over again

Is there any chance for an even higher resolution? Or is this at maximum already?

Also: I'm sure a lightly colored version would look awesome.

Anyway...here, have some well deserved Rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Great map ! There is some magic in this : you're conveying so much with your line art.
    The general impression is perfectly harmonious and the details are great (love those little shields for the cities).

I've been bouncing it in my head for a couple of days but the urge is too strong to resist. No words, just an act.

What a wonderful piece ! Your mountains are really efficient, the overall map is actually. Impressive work with much details, one cannot even find a mistake (where you can normally find one or two little erasures in such hand-drawn map).
    Cool, gorgeous and loyal job ! I wish I'd be able to do such work.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

This map is breathtaking. Did you use dip pens or modern ones?

Beautiful penmanship, goes to prove that you can still make great maps with settings we have often seen before! I'd love to see some color on this one, too.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

As always, the comments and feedback here on the CG are priceless, and I really appreciate them!

Quote Originally Posted by nwisth View Post
    I'm always very impressed with hand-drawn work like this, and your lines bring out a style that feels very true to the setting.
    Thank you! The Sword Coast evokes some nostalgic feelings, I'm very glad this style conveys that...

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Beautiful!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    That's beautiful work, Teclex! I'll rep you if I can

The only criticism I have is that some of the lettering is a bit hard to read (eg the 'N' in "Western Heartlands")
    Thanks, I feel repped anyways :-) Funny, this is my everyday handwriting and people often have difficulties reading my "N"...

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    You deserve them all - comment, rep and rate!
    Thanks, thanks, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Excellent A totally gorgeous version of a classic.
    Thank you very much! I was a bit hesitant to draw the map of Faerun because, as you said, it is a classic, but now I'm pleased it turned out well...

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jake View Post
    Excellent work.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Yowsa! That looks great, and I am always a fan of the "simple ink work," though I imagine it wasn't "simple" at all.
    To be honest, it took me less time to complete this map than I expected - about 16 hours total.

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    I just bought the FR atlas I lost a long time ago and first thing I see here is your magnificent map!
    What a cool coincidence, I guess it's the season when all of us old AD&D 2ndE players feel an urge to migrate to Neverwinter

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    So great, with so many details to look at !
    Thank you! Faerun is full of interesting details, I can't take any credits for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Is there any chance for an even higher resolution? Or is this at maximum already?
    Thank you for the kind words! There is a HR version, but it's about 10MB, so I won't post it here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map ! There is some magic in this : you're conveying so much with your line art.
    This is a big compliment, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I've been bouncing it in my head for a couple of days but the urge is too strong to resist. No words, just an act.
    Wow. I'm speechless. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Veldrin View Post
    Impressive work with much details, one cannot even find a mistake (where you can normally find one or two little erasures in such hand-drawn map).
    Thanks! Trust me, the mistakes are there, hidden in the grass...

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Did you use dip pens or modern ones?
    Oh, I forgot to mention that in my original post: the whole map was drawn with 0.3mm and 0.1mm black Uni Pin Fine Liner Drawing Pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I'd love to see some color on this one, too.
    I agree with you and Eilathen on this - although I aimed to produce purely black & white map, I might add some color to it eventually.

Great work. So precise and harmonious. A masterpiece indeed .
    Cheers.

I'm a huge fan of your work, and it's always a pleasure to see something new from you. Your drawing skills are fantastic, with just the right amount of detail to avoid the map feeling cluttered. Beautiful work!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Absolutely amazing! Also: I now have an urge to play Baldur's Gate 2 again. Thanks for that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast