Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A doodle to get back into the swing of things...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks guys!

@3M: Not intentional at all! I simply drew intervals of city walls haphazardly.

Hi all, fresh off a weeks-on-end stretch of very long workdays, so here's another couple of doodles. Got a new set of pens for Christmas to doodle with, and a new sketchpad on day 2 of the long stretch, so I've been doing lots of stippling practice.

//Edit: Yep, I know the Eastern Ocean is on the Western side of the continent. I was learning things at work at the time and goofed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StipplingDoodle1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	114312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StipplingDoodle2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	114313  
    Last edited by Gidde; 03-18-2019 at 12:38 PM.

I love them a lot, Gidde. there's something authentic and really pleasant, here. And also... some insane dot work. In the best way possible, but I don't think I would be patient enough to fill all those oceans

Thanks MistyBeee! Yeah, I probably wouldn't have the patience either except I learn best when doing something mindless with my hands. So it was a great thing to do in a class

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

So... many... dots! I like 'em, Gidde. They remind me of Shelly Shapiro's maps from David Eddings' books.

And hey, maybe the Eastern Ocean was named by the people that live west of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Hi all, fresh off a weeks-on-end stretch of very long workdays, so here's another couple of doodles. Got a new set of pens for Christmas to doodle with, and a new sketchpad on day 2 of the long stretch, so I've been doing lots of stippling practice.

//Edit: Yep, I know the Eastern Ocean is on the Western side of the continent. I was learning things at work at the time and goofed.
    Very nice, I love the dotting, its one of the style on my list to try ... .

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    So... many... dots! I like 'em, Gidde. They remind me of Shelly Shapiro's maps from David Eddings' books.

And hey, maybe the Eastern Ocean was named by the people that live west of it.
    Thanks Diamond! Are those the actual maps in the books? I haven't looked at those in years, I'll have to do so. The one I used as inspiration (for the ocean at least) was the actual Mercator map from the 16th century. And yeah, let's go with that explanation for the weirdly named ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Very nice, I love the dotting, its one of the style on my list to try ... .
    Thanks! I've been wanting to learn it forever; I'm glad I got these micron pens. They make it a LOT easier.

I'm with everyone else, the detailed dot shading is really impressive, and makes for a unique style. Great work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks arsheesh!

I really like your work! And, as others already mentioned, impressive dot work!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast