Thread: Fuel Depot (in space)

Default Fuel Depot (in space)

So I started doing a mapvember map based on space oddity yesterday and I did a ship in a similar style. I thought I'd try out a new style and not long ago, I saw a map where someone had used an outer glow combined with a dark background, But that first attempt didn't work out so well. I wanted to try it again today and went with a run down space depot. And this is today's result. I'd say I spent four hours on it.

I was thinking of trying it again but maybe using a different palette like green and perhaps doing a little fanart like a Gallente Atron or something. Who knows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapvemberxx_fuel.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	734.4 KB 
ID:	111480  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That is really cool! It worked this time, it looks nicely backlit.

Nice. I like that yellow glow. The station layout is also good.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I concur, this turned out good. Don't know that I would change anything if it were my map since everything works well just as it is.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I like this a lot! It's very effective and artistic, full of good choices (the yellow glow with this screen effect is screaming sci-fi). And kudos for getting that kind of result in 4 hours.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

The only critique i have is in the layout. it's all beautiful, but I think the placement of airlock 1 would be better served being rotated to the right and placed on the short end of the fuel bay access. the way it looks, a missed docking sequence could result in a collision with the fuel cells. it's a safety thing, but if that airlock extends to meet the docking vessel then it's potentially a moot point.

As for the style and glow, the map is beautiful.

Thanks everyone!

JLane529: I'll keep that in mind on any future plans. In this case though, the poor/unsafe layout is probably a good thing as I imagined this as an old, run down, and obsolete station. Maybe such an accident could have been one of the reasons for it being phased out.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I like that!