Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 2018 Challenge: Hogsmeade

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Ninja Kellerica !!
    My biggest thanks, I'm especially glad if you love it ! ^^
    I love this perspective, it's really fun to draw and I'm getting really comfortable with it now
    Well c'mon, it's your gorgeous penmanship plus HP, what's not to love?

And fabulous work with the lineart, truly! Do it justice with the colors, yeah?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Ooooooh, Hogsmeade! This looks fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Really awesome, and swathed in Misty-Bee-ness... Your maps are so ... you! Lol. Eager to see the colours.
    And you should post that Hogwarts map, I've no idea why you haven't (it's so beautiful, Ive seen it in another place).
    Edit: ninja'd!
    Yeah, I should and I will. There is just something I don't like in it and I need to edit before.
    And... "Your maps are so ... you!" >> That's so, so great to read !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Well c'mon, it's your gorgeous penmanship plus HP, what's not to love?
    And fabulous work with the lineart, truly! Do it justice with the colors, yeah?
    Hehe, I'll do my best, but don't expect something too dark

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    Ooooooh, Hogsmeade! This looks fantastic!
    Thanks so much, Jen ! ^^

-

First color layers, very basic so far. I'll add more variety later, and probably will go for an autumnal theme.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hogsmeade_WIP04_by_MistyBeee.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	575.3 KB 
ID:	111693

Oh, just one thing: I'm not entirely sure if the scrolls are meant as location labels, but if they are, note that Ollivander's is located at Diagon Alley, not Hogsmeade

Oh, just one thing: I'm not entirely sure if the scrolls are meant as location labels, but if they are, note that Ollivander's is located at Diagon Alley, not Hogsmeade
    They are, even if I won't precise where are the shops exactly. Actually I imagine this map displayed on the town hall wall : just point at the shop you look for with your wand, and the map will show you the exact location (maybe with tiny footprints... how cute that would be !).

You're right with the original wand shop being in Diagon Alley, but there's a small local branch in Hogsmead too, accoring to the Harry Potter Wikia. Actually, it sounds pretty logical : all those young and turbulent students probably often damage wands by fighting or proceeding to various kinds of experiences, don't you think ? I assume this local branch is more specialized in minor repairs than selling

They are, even if I won't precise where are the shops exactly. Actually I imagine this map displayed on the town hall wall : just point at the shop you look for with your wand, and the map will show you the exact location (maybe with tiny footprints... how cute that would be !).

You're right with the original wand shop being in Diagon Alley, but there's a small local branch in Hogsmead too, accoring to the Harry Potter Wikia. Actually, it sounds pretty logical : all those young and turbulent students probably often damage wands by fighting or proceeding to various kinds of experiences, don't you think ? I assume this local branch is more specialized in minor repairs than selling
    Oh yeah, I love that idea!

And ah, fair enough. I could recite the books backwards in my sleep, but as you know I'm less fond of the movies and can't say I've ever browsed the Wikia all that carefully. My bad, I should've known you know what you're doing...

Oh yeah, I love that idea!

And ah, fair enough. I could recite the books backwards in my sleep, but as you know I'm less fond of the movies and can't say I've ever browsed the Wikia all that carefully. My bad, I should've known you know what you're doing...
    To be honest, I don't know it's from the movie or somewhere else : J.K.R used to create and share tons of details she shares on her website, and answered to tons of questions from fans on various subjects, from house elves rights to Gringotts architecture, making the lore growing out of the books and movies. It's an interesting part of this universes : it's growing, it's alive, and hopefully fans are putting those facts all together in websites like Wikia to help map makers doing their job without a headache

To be honest, I don't know it's from the movie or somewhere else : J.K.R used to create and share tons of details she shares on her website, and answered to tons of questions from fans on various subjects, from house elves rights to Gringotts architecture, making the lore growing out of the books and movies. It's an interesting part of this universes : it's growing, it's alive, and hopefully fans are putting those facts all together in websites like Wikia to help map makers doing their job without a headache
    Yeah, I too have been eyeing these little tidbits from time to time, but I've never gotten that into it. My knowledge of this universe comes almost entirely from the books and nothing else

But to get back to the topic at hand, this map is looking superb this far. The first layers or color look great, I think an autumn scheme is a great idea. Did you manage to fix that 'something' that was bothering you before?
    Last edited by Kellerica; 11-27-2018 at 07:38 AM.

You might want to anticipaet and buy a larger jewel box

Yeah, I too have been eyeing these little tidbits from time to time, but I've never gotten that into it. My knowledge of this universe comes almost entirely from the books and nothing else
    But to get back to the topic at hand, this map is looking superb this far. The first layers or color look great, I think an autumn scheme is a great idea. Did you manage to fix that 'something' that was bothering you before?
    Thanks Kell !
    The 'something' is not on the Hogsmeade map but on a Hogwarts map I drew last year and should definitely post here once. I need to get the courage to open the huge file again and put my hands on the insane stack of layers I have there... It's a color edit, mostly. Yep... just need courage and time ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    You might want to anticipaet and buy a larger jewel box
    Uuuuh... I'm not good at anticipating this sort of things. You're the prophet, I'm the bee

-
    Colors, more colors, variations on colors, and some first reliefs on the grass. Time to move to light & shadows, and last effects, 'cause time flies ^^'

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hogsmeade_WIP05_by_MistyBeee.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	587.7 KB 
ID:	111706

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast