Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lost Colonies: Tris Korinthos

Default The Lost Colonies: Tris Korinthos

I really need to post this map before I start tweaking it again...

A long, long time ago, Diamond faced us with the February 2018 Challenge: Elevator Pitch Prophecies. The goddess of randomness, appearing in the form of donjon random generator, presented this cryptic prophecy to me:

"The Crimson Queen cannot be slain until the Black Serpent is chained and death becomes life."

Based on this words, I created Tris Korinthos - a city scattered across the Black Serpent Archipelago on a distant moon faced with a catastrophic eruption of the Crimson Queen volcano. However, the Crimson Prophecy is more a SciFi riddle than a religious miracle: this long forgotten human colony is in fact equipped with an ancient terraforming machinery capable of affecting the environmental conditions by releasing several chemical compounds into the atmosphere - some of them can cool down the volcano and preserve life on the moon; others will cause the certain death of all living creatures. Now is up to Mercury to seek the lost lore of the founders that could help her interpret the mysterious Prophecy and thus save inhabitants of this small world from extinction...

(What can I say? GM in me loves epic quests...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tris Korinthos CG.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	111654

Being unable to finish my original Challenge map in time, I never got to properly thank nopkin and arsheesh for last minute advice on this map - so, thank you, guys!

...and thanks to MapMappingMapped for additional push to finally post this map today
    Last edited by Shall Teclex; 11-24-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Outstanding. I remember the Wip thread, just the linework was already amazing.
    unfortunately can not rep :/
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I remember the Wip thread, just the linework was already amazing.
    unfortunately can not rep :/
    It's so good to hear that anyone still remembers this map... Thanks for the kind words, no rep required, a friendly visit is enough

Oh! That was fast! So glad to see it done, and as usual not many words can describe this. I dunno how your brain is so imaginative. It makes Diamond's taste for those reasonable!
    And I can't rep you. Yet.
    Edit - I can?
    Edit2 - Love your website! As atmospheric as the maps!
    Last edited by MapMappingMapped; 11-24-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Holy c***!!! I saw the desert dragon, and thought that's really cool. Then I saw the Masters of Ixtehcoatl and was sure it would be made a CC pretty fast. And now there's this one too...

Outstanding work, Shall, yet again! Such an imaginative idea, brilliantly depicted. I can't decide which one I like most of the three.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Damnit, woman, you continue to blow my mind.

Such a fascinating concept and a fabulous execution. I love how the perspective is a bit twisted, the chains are delightfully dominant and immediately catch the attention, and the color palette is just fantastic. I also really adore the border in its simplicity - such a cool idea, I might have to steal that one...

I'd kill to RP a game where you're sitting in the GM's chair, if one could expect epic quests of this magnitude!

I am most likely unable to rep you again so soon, but just know that I love this to pieces.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Hey this is a great interpretation. I really get a hexagonal theme in the work which who doesn't like Hexagons? And it's pretty
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

@MapMappingMapped: Thanks for mentioning this map yesterday, knowing that someone still expects it to be finished kept me awake through the long process of saving the enormous PS file last night... My creative secret? I keep my brain well soaked with caffeine... maybe too well And thanks for taking your time to visit HereBeDragons!

@Wingshaw: Lol...Thank you! I'm now working on the concept for another world (but nothing drawn yet). As I said, I blame it all on caffeine...

@Kellerica: I'm so sorry about hurting your head Thanks, especially for noticing the perspective; I originally started with proper perspective lines, but decided in the process that skewing the perspective and emphasizing some elements adds to the feel of an alien world... And I would love to RP with the party of Guilders, we need to organize a convention (CartCon?)!

@Jaxilon: Yes, I'm pretty fond of those hexagons, too, they work well for the pseudo-Mediterranean city. Thanks!

Interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Shall Teclex View Post
    @Kellerica: I'm so sorry about hurting your head Thanks, especially for noticing the perspective; I originally started with proper perspective lines, but decided in the process that skewing the perspective and emphasizing some elements adds to the feel of an alien world... And I would love to RP with the party of Guilders, we need to organize a convention (CartCon?)!
    I'm so on board with this, let's doooo iiiitt!!!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast