Thread: Shu No Wan (personal project)

Default Shu No Wan (personal project)

This is one of the maps i started as "unknow project". Why unknown?... because it's more of a practice sketch, drawing random things on random spots on the canvas. In the end when i started to connect everything with some coastlines it turned out to be nice zigzag archipelago, good for a "serpent isles" name ;D.
    So i added few more things and was done with the sketch.
    After couple of weeks i returned to it to play with the colours.
    I wanted to make something different this time and went with subtle bright colours.
    It is my first attempt to do it this way and i think it turned out quite nice.

Ispiration and references are obvious, please forgive and be thoughtful

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShuNoWan_CG_new_horizons.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	5.78 MB 
ID:	112303
    Last edited by Voolf; 01-04-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

It's looking great! I love the shape, the rocks of the spine and that compass!

By Voolf
    Ispiration and references are obvious, please forgive and be thoughtful
    Well, it was a dragon, not a snake. And we are many to took inspiration from him, aren't we?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post

Well, it was a dragon, not a snake. And we are many to took inspiration from him, aren't we?
    No Idea which you meant, but it reminds me of the soft watercolors and lineworks of Torstan/Jon Roberts and J.Edwards's illustrated Mapframes. Overall considering my long rivelry/friendship with Max I can relate to getting inspired by others and slowly fusing with my own style and than distille my own voice out of the creative process.

This is a very nice looking and artisticly balance map. I hope to see more from you.

Beautiful lineart and nice muted colors, well done! The wavelines/whatever you call them are too large for my tastes, but overall the map looks great.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post

We probably are Thanks Ilanthar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    No Idea which you meant, but it reminds me of the soft watercolors and lineworks of Torstan/Jon Roberts and J.Edwards's illustrated Mapframes. Overall considering my long rivelry/friendship with Max I can relate to getting inspired by others and slowly fusing with my own style and than distille my own voice out of the creative process.

This is a very nice looking and artisticly balance map. I hope to see more from you.
    Thank you Schwarzkreuz. You guessed with the second shot , but you are not wrong about first one too. I was heavily inspired by Torstan maps at the very beginning of my journay to cartography. This one though i wanted to make map with bright suble colours which i was inspired by J.E awesome style.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Beautiful lineart and nice muted colors, well done! The wavelines/whatever you call them are too large for my tastes, but overall the map looks great.
    Thenk Kell
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Looks very J. Edward-esque. Nice style, Voolf!

Great map Rafal and I love the muted color palette

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Looks very J. Edward-esque. Nice style, Voolf!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Great map Rafal and I love the muted color palette
    Thank you very much.
    New Horizons

Support: