Thread: Eldrany World Map [comission2018]

Default Eldrany World Map [comission2018]

Hi there.
    Happy to be back after a long hiatus.

Here is a world map commission done in 2018 and finished recently. It's for a RPG group.
    Hope you enjoy it.
    Cheers,
    Warlin.
    (c) Warlin 2018.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EldranyWorldMap.jpg 
Views:	2478 
Size:	8.83 MB 
ID:	112743  

Yet another member popping back in! Good to see you

And good to see a nice map as well! It's very clean and easy to read, and works well. Great colors too, and I really enjoy the projection used here. The one thing that bothers my eye a bit is that little crisp, light line between the landmasses and the ocean at some points. I can't tell if it's some strange accidental artifact or if there actually is a tiny Stroke there, but it looks a little out of place to me. A minor flaw, however, and most likely not really noticeable if the map is printed.

Glad to see you posting again!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Very nice Warlin. I like the colors you used especially with the mountains, good choice. The whole feel is very creamy which I like.

Perhaps the ocean labels could have a bit more sharpness but you may have tried and it just didn't work.

Lovely big map and I like the shields as well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Not fond of the blank white bg and I think some elements (like the ocean labels and coat of arms) could pop more with some shadow/effect.
    Apart from those, I love your lineart and the color palette!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Yet another member popping back in! Good to see you

And good to see a nice map as well! It's very clean and easy to read, and works well. Great colors too, and I really enjoy the projection used here. The one thing that bothers my eye a bit is that little crisp, light line between the landmasses and the ocean at some points. I can't tell if it's some strange accidental artifact or if there actually is a tiny Stroke there, but it looks a little out of place to me. A minor flaw, however, and most likely not really noticeable if the map is printed.

Glad to see you posting again!
    Thanks Kellerica.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Very nice Warlin. I like the colors you used especially with the mountains, good choice. The whole feel is very creamy which I like.

Perhaps the ocean labels could have a bit more sharpness but you may have tried and it just didn't work.

Lovely big map and I like the shields as well.
    Thanks Jaxilon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Not fond of the blank white bg and I think some elements (like the ocean labels and coat of arms) could pop more with some shadow/effect.
    Apart from those, I love your lineart and the color palette!
    Thanks Ilanthar.

I appreciate all of your three constructive comments and see where i can improve myself for the next map. I have some lack of expertise perhaps not in labelling but when chosing the style of letters and their integration with the rest of the map (shadow or not, sharpness, coloring...). Thanks for your kind comments on the coloring palette and the lineart, it was the more gratifying and the harder task to achieve this map.
    Cheers.
    Warlin.

I love how you made your tiny-tiny cliffs along the coastline there, Warlin, especially on the polar views
    The ice is amazing as well, by the way !
    I have nothing against the white background for my taste, but what would be a problem for me is the aliasing we can see here and there, mostly along the coastline and circular parts of the frames ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I love how you made your tiny-tiny cliffs along the coastline there, Warlin, especially on the polar views
    The ice is amazing as well, by the way !
    I have nothing against the white background for my taste, but what would be a problem for me is the aliasing we can see here and there, mostly along the coastline and circular parts of the frames ^^'
    Thanks MistyBee. There is allways some bugs in the final process, i have to be more attentive to this aliasing problem working for my next maps.