Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thule (commission)

Default Thule (commission)

Thule - the land of everlasting snow and cold, where heat is the most valuable commodity.

A homebrew world for a friend's RPG campaign.
    I will probably be doing also Dwarven tunnels map for this setting somewhere in the near future.

Labels are in Polish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thule_CG.jpg 
Views:	2095 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	112978
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I love it when you map in this type of color scheme! Your delicate lineart works amazingly with these kind of cool colors. It looks a little empty, but I'm sure the campaign will fill it with all sorts of interesting locations as the group discovers them. Wonderful piece!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Awesome one, my only criticism , if I may though is that in such a winter landscape I would expect more evidence of snow on trees, other than that , looks splendid.

Very nice Voolf. I really look forwards to seeing the dwarven tunnels map too.

Very nice! The mountains are splendid and unique.

Cheers,
    Karl

This is lovely! I find arctic regions challenging because of the lack of color. You pull it off very nicely, and the shading and highlights on the forests here are particularly well done.

That's an awesome map as usual but the main mountain chain has a presence that is really impressive. The shading is really what makes it stand out. Great job !

EDIT : and I forgot that magical forest shading and those individual trees and the ice shelf and the title-box and the sunken peaks ... too much ... overload ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I love it when you map in this type of color scheme! Your delicate lineart works amazingly with these kind of cool colors. It looks a little empty, but I'm sure the campaign will fill it with all sorts of interesting locations as the group discovers them. Wonderful piece!
    I agree with the emptyness, but that is what client wanted. Initially, there were only 3 cities. After talking a bit more we added some more

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Awesome one, my only criticism , if I may though is that in such a winter landscape I would expect more evidence of snow on trees, other than that , looks splendid.
    Yes, i though i depicted that, but it seems my white was not so prominent on the forests ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Very nice Voolf. I really look forwards to seeing the dwarven tunnels map too.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Very nice! The mountains are splendid and unique.

Cheers,
    Karl
    Thanks Karl

Quote Originally Posted by LizardInk View Post
    This is lovely! I find arctic regions challenging because of the lack of color. You pull it off very nicely, and the shading and highlights on the forests here are particularly well done.
    Working with the white was difficult to me at the beginning too, but after i learned more about shading, white is one of the easiest colour to work for me now. I did the land pretty quickly, so i spend more time on the forests

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    That's an awesome map as usual but the main mountain chain has a presence that is really impressive. The shading is really what makes it stand out. Great job !

EDIT : and I forgot that magical forest shading and those individual trees and the ice shelf and the title-box and the sunken peaks ... too much ... overload ...
    Hehe, you and Mouse are always shower me with too many comliments. Thank you, thank you.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Beautiful frozen map !!! I love the iced title !

Oh, such a rare map, and what a wonderful one ! Your forests, especially, are perfect !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast