Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commission: Profantasy Cartographer's Annual - Isometric Town map of Corvallen

Default Commission: Profantasy Cartographer's Annual - Isometric Town map of Corvallen

This is one for all you CC3ers out there...

Here's a little map of a town I made in with Profantasy's help using a new symbol set called 'Isometric Town', which I created for the February issue of Profantasy's 2019 Cartographer's Annual.

The building symbols were rendered from models drawn in Sketchup Pro 2018, and based on real life examples of medieval/renaissance houses in the UK using Google Street View as a reference tool. The trees were rendered from models made in Blender using the Add Curve - Sapling add-on, and further processed in Krita. The textures used were originally from Profantasy's City Designer 3 add-on, but have been generously included in the February issue by Profantasy to allow CC3+ users to make use of the style even if they do not own the CD3 add-on. To make use of this style you will need to own CC3+ and the 2019 Cartographer's Annual.

Finishing touches to the map and final editing prior to publication on the Profantasy webpage were carried out jointly by Profantasy and myself.

And if any of you are ever lucky enough to work with the PF Team - they are a joy to work with. I have never had so much fun, or felt so highly valued in any of my business relationships before now

Hope you enjoy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corvallen - Guild copy.JPG 
Views:	1802 
Size:	5.98 MB 
ID:	113147
    © Joint copyright (despite what it says on the map) Sue Daniel and Profantasy Ltd, 2019
    Last edited by Diamond; 02-06-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Ooooh daang, Mousie is in da hooouse!!

... my deepest apologies to everyone.

Seriously though, I'm glad to see you posting maps again! And the city looks great! The walls and buildings are fantastic, and the colors really pop out and create kind of a harmonious atmosphere. I'm sure people will put these new resources to good use!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Hey Rela

Thank you!

I've been busy for some time, and I will continue to be rather busy again, but I hope to get back to speed sometime over the next year

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Sue, that is freaking astounding. I may have to give CC a try again after seeing that masterpiece. Take my rep!

Thank you so much D!

High praise indeed!

EDIT: And thank you also for mending the typo in my thread title
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-06-2019 at 04:13 AM.

Well done Mouse, it looks fantastic. I'm glad to see you back around here again

Great comeback Mouse. I was missing you and your maps.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Aaaw guys! I feel very loved.

Thank you

And... er… I've kind of missed you too!
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-06-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What a wonderful job you did there ! And especially with Sketchup ! It takes such a long time to achieve this kind of work in 3D !!!

Thank you, Jo!

Now that I've figured out how to add little personal touches using the Style Builder that comes with the Pro version, its not so difficult really. I still can't model things half as well as I've seen you do them, though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast