Thread: The last charge of the Thurmatages

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Default The last charge of the Thurmatages

Hi,
    This was my entry for the feb/march'19 challenge. I was commissioned by falconius to do something like that :
    --------------------------
    THE COMMISSION!

I'd like a map of the undercroft or underbelly of a floating island, or region, or city/town your choice. Down in this undercroft are the forgotten, the unwanted, and those who hide. At the same time down here there are also mechanisms vital to the floating nature of the place, that need to be maintained and cared for. Those who oversee this essential task are known as Thurmatages, they can be a guild, an official service, or just eccentric loners, again your choice these are merely suggestions, with the title of your choice as long as it includes “Thurmatage”. Whatever they are, they have become obsessed with their tasks and have formed a symbiosis with the powers and benefits they receive in its performance whatever those may be.

Included in this map must be
    -some of the mechanisms
    -at least a rough indication of the ground or whatever is below
    -an indication that there is more occurring above the map
    -some sort of physical indicates of the presence of the Thurmatages specifically, and whatever you feel for the rest of the lowly denizens
    -some sort indicates of connection with the layers above and the ground below

Now reading this it seems like a troublesome task, feel free to scale it back to whatever you require in order feel comfortable to get it done in time, I put the list in order of the importance I think they are, but there's no hard order. I didn't want it to make it too detailed and limiting so you could let your imagination roam, but I also didn't want it to be too vague so you had something to sink your teeth into, I hope this will be fun for you
    ----------------------------

I must admit that I had a lot of fun doing this challenge, a BIG BIG lazzy thank you for the encouragements, rep and votes!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thurmatages8.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	114411

A great and fun map, Tenia!
    Thanks to you and a few other guilders, we can see some maps with a lot of humour and creativity.

Hehe, I'll remember this one for a long, long time ! Congrats for an amazingly well done 'map', but most of all, thanks for the good laugh ^^